From: Tim Perry on

"Mike Dobony" <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote in message

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >

> > tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com wrote:
> >
> >> "Mike Jones" <michaeljns2(a)hotmail.com> wrote

> >> Meyer upa1's( OR EAW KF650'S) over eaw la400's
> >
> > How much is a set of those going to cost ? Rather more than $4k
methinks.

> > Graham
> >

> King George doesn't care about budgets.

All buisness people care about budgets, usully first and formost above all
else.

> Must sacrifice to the SR god. That
> means you must sell the car, the house, and put the wife and kids up as
> slaves to buy the best and most expensive SR gear.

In live performances it is very duficult to cover a mistake. Your get one
chance with no edits or retakes to get it right.

The better the gear you have the easier it is to achieve deisred results.

If I could have EAW, Turbosound, Nexo, Renkus-Hines, Yorkville Sound Elite
or better in the same size, weight, configuration and price including
shipping as what I have I'd get them.

I just came back from helping a friend set up his Carvin 1588's. If he can't
kill them with rock and blues I guess they would work well enough for funk
and gospel. I beleive the current version of these are the LS 1523.
Yeah I'll probably get flamed for daring to mention the C word but it again
a price/performance/avalibility thing.

From: Eeyore on

gwatts wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> > tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com wrote:
> >> "Mike Jones" <michaeljns2(a)hotmail.com> wrote

> >> Meyer upa1's( OR EAW KF650'S) over eaw la400's
> >
> > How much is a set of those going to cost ? Rather more than $4k methinks.
>

> UPA1C's, asking $650 each (not me),
> http://www.soundbroker.com/PA_SYSTEMS/?listingid=33462

Good value for sure as long as he doesn't mind the road rash and the rusty
fittings.

I have some difficulty reconciling the statement "ONLY USED 4-6 TIMES PER YEAR"
with their appearance in the pics.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

gwatts wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> > tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com wrote:
> >> "Mike Jones" <michaeljns2(a)hotmail.com> wrote

> >> Meyer upa1's( OR EAW KF650'S) over eaw la400's
> >
> > How much is a set of those going to cost ? Rather more than $4k methinks.
>

> UPA1C's, asking $650 each (not me),
> http://www.soundbroker.com/PA_SYSTEMS/?listingid=33462
>
> If those are gone there are more at $900 each,
> http://www.soundbroker.com/SPEAKERS/?listingid=33228
>
> He has the amps, the processors are very nice but not required, even so
> they go for $300-800. I only spent a couple minutes looking and didn't
> even try eBay, there are likely better deals if you look harder.
>
> So, Meyer UPA1C's with processing and I've only spent half his budget.

A pair of UPA1Cs aren't going to hack it IMHO. The EVs I suggested deliver at
least 3dB more than those Meyers and the ones I have in mind are used in a club
that only has 250 capacity, whereas the OP's talking about up to 500.

Graham

From: Peter Larsen on
Eeyore wrote:

>> UPA1C's, asking $650 each (not me),
>> http://www.soundbroker.com/PA_SYSTEMS/?listingid=33462

> Good value for sure as long as he doesn't mind the road rash and the
> rusty fittings.

"Priced individually", "Some Units have toured", "Only one pair left".

> I have some difficulty reconciling the statement "ONLY USED 4-6 TIMES
> PER YEAR" with their appearance in the pics.

It is (was) obviously from the text a pile of boxes from different sources.

> Graham

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

From: tbmoas58 on

"Peter Larsen" <plarsen(a)mail.tele.dk> wrote in message
> Eeyore wrote:
>
>>> UPA1C's, asking $650 each (not me),
>>> http://www.soundbroker.com/PA_SYSTEMS/?listingid=33462
>
>> Good value for sure as long as he doesn't mind the road rash and the
>> rusty fittings.
>
> "Priced individually", "Some Units have toured", "Only one pair left".
>
>> I have some difficulty reconciling the statement "ONLY USED 4-6 TIMES
>> PER YEAR" with their appearance in the pics.
>
> It is (was) obviously from the text a pile of boxes from different
> sources.
>
>> Graham
>
> Kind regards
>
> Peter Larsen
I just bought 8 upa1's (a and c's) for about that 650 $ each
george