From: mcsteve on
"gwatts" <gwatts(a)frontiernet.net> wrote:
> Mike Dobony wrote:
>>
>> ... I did do a search on the UPA1's and
>> cannot find any for sale.
> >

> I'm finding myself more in agreement with George, Phildo, etc. You
> really should (at least) try harder, the above took me more time to cut
> and paste than to find.

I think you may have underestimated the depth of Dobby's stupidity.

--
Steve <snip> McQ
From: mcsteve on
"Mike Dobony" wrote:
> I did do a search on the UPA1's and
> cannot find any for sale. I also could not find any info on them

Maybe, you should have asked your mythical being in the sky to help
you in your search ?

--
Steve <snip> McQ

From: tbmoas58 on

>>> Then why didn't you recommend the LA400's then? .
>>
>> do you even know what a la400 is
>> and in fact I did recommend them
>> here is a cut and paste from this very post
>>
>> Meyer upa1's( OR EAW KF650'S) over eaw la400's
>>
>> Six of then would do nicely
>>
>> do what nicely?
>> I would not want a system that was simply 6 la400's
>
> Sorry. I didn't even check them out. I was thinking of FOH speakers in
> an array for more even sound distribution.

this is BASIC vocabulary that is used by sound professionals to describe
what they are talking about
its clear you do not grasp even the most common model numbers of the most
popular sound gear used by pros world wide

I did do a search on the UPA1's and
> cannot find any for sale.

www.soundbroker.com

I also could not find any info on them unless you
> are talking about hte UPA1-P's, a powered speaker.

no I clearly stated I was talking about the discontinued upa1's(a and c
models)
the upa1-p would be almost 4000$ each
a great used price would still be 2500$
I did not spoeak of them as they DID NOT FIT THE BUDGET

If so, the op could sell
> some amps to make up the difference IF they can find any.

you can get all the upa1-p's you want, if your wallet is fat enough

>>> and fit the OP's budge of $4,000, not your budget of $5,000. Stick with
>>> the OP's budget, not your own
>>
>> Used prices vary quite a bit and in today market 1000$ is likely the
>> profit from les than 3 gigs
>
> And ONLY if one borrows to make up any additional funds needed to bust a
> budget. Not everyone is willing to do that.
>

>> you really dont understand budgets do you bony
>> they are not fixed numbers carved in stone unmuteable for any reason
>> they are moveable goal posts that help guide twards a reasonable
>> solution
>
> By their very nature, budgets are almost fixed in stone. When I purchase
> a property for rehabbing I have a FIXED budget based upon after repair
> value. If I want to keep making a profit I MUST have a FIXED budget. I
> always budget for more to allow for "unexpected" costs, which means I bid
> less than the maximum allowable price to allow for these unbudgeted costs.
> Failing to follow budgets results in losses. The primary purpose of a
> budget is to be in control of the money, a simple, basic concept you have
> no grasp for. Basic math. Basic economics. Ignore the budget, lose
> money. Follow the budget, maximize profits. The only time a budget does
> not work is when it is unreasonable, that is, there is not enough money to
> accomplish the goal or the budget exceeds income or reasonable income.
> Example: $10 a week for food doesn't work unless you are getting your food
> primarily from garbage cans, a not all that uncommon occurrence for those
> who continuously spend more than they make.

you have never worked with a budget
its clear you have no clue as to what a budget is

your call your own personal"I wont spend more than" a budget
ITS NOT
what if the house was 10$ over "your budget?
is that budget still set in stone
hint
no one will believe you if you say yes

budgets are not fixed amounts, by thier very nature they are created before
that actual cost can be determined

you clearly are not a sound man or a business man
nor a man who loves christ

what is it you are besides a uneducated blowhard?
george

From: Peter Larsen on
Mike Dobony wrote:

Mike, when the quote layers go that deep anybody but those who participate
stops reading. All has been said three times over in such a thread. Please
just bail out and count it a learning experience.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

From: Ron(UK) on
Marc Amsterdam wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:14:07 GMT, "Mike Dobony"
> <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote:
>

>> King George doesn't care about budgets. Must sacrifice to the SR god. That
>> means you must sell the car, the house, and put the wife and kids up as
>> slaves to buy the best and most expensive SR gear.
>>
> and at least not spend it on china counterfeit sm58 that are omni....
>

> <evil grin>

If SR _is_ George's god, at least he can prove that his god exists

Ron(UK)