From: Tim S Kemp on
Mike Dobony <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote:

> Not that common in CHURCH sound, my area of experience. Most
> churches do not go to audio contractors for purchasing gear and as
> such will not know about how to get Meyer gear. The rank and file
> musicians I deal with do not know Meyer brand so would not be able to
> go into a music store and find it. Neither do the big online catalog
> stores, again, where many churches and bands go to purchase gear. As
> a result, I prefer to recommend more commonly available gear. Too
> bad of that is a problem with you. I prefer to recommend products
> that can be factory serviced locally. Why is that so much of a
> problem for you to understand? Service is just as important, if not
> more so, than extravagant sound quality. My "problem" is not
> awareness of Meyer brand, but serviceability and local availability. I
> find it much better for most customers to be able to get problems
> taken care of by a local service center, which is much more likely
> with the more widely available brands than with the more upscale
> brands. Just because I prefer to recommend commonly available brands
> does not mean I am not familiar with the names and quality of the
> upscale products. Because of this I prefer to not waste time
> learning all the products and availability of these brands, like
> Meyer. Meyer is a fine brand and excellent quality speakers, but my
> customer basedoesn't need them to accomplish their goals. Most of
> the time it is like buying a 1 ton truck just to drive back and forth
> to work and carry a few hand and power tools, gross overkill. The
> more commonly available and less expensive JBL's Yamahas, and EAW's
> accomplish the goals more than adequately.

There's nothing wrong with preferring a single brand but the only right
reason to do so is because you know the products, how they sound and how
they work. Meyer are I believe an American company, spares can be shipped
anywhere in the US in a short time, probably same or next day, and are as
reliable as any other brand of speaker, in fact reliability will be related
more to use and abuse than the product itself. Why not recommend a high
quality brand, why not if you're making regular recommendations hook up with
a manufacturer, arrange a discount you can pass through to your client,
there's lots you could do and still provide the highest grade of products. I
cannot remember when I last had to repair a speaker that just broke all on
its own.

From what I see over here on pricing, for equivalent products EAW are no
cheaper than Meyer, neither are JBL. In fact the list prices of all the
top-tier loudspeaker manufacturers (I'd be including the likes of Turbo,
Nexo, Meyer, EAW, D&B etc) are all pretty similar for equivalent products,
and with the power and choice available in those ranges an install can often
be completed using fewer boxes, reducing the install costs and purchase
costs.

--
re-configure the solar matrix in parallel for endothermic propulsion

From: Peter Larsen on
Mike Dobony wrote:

> "mcsteve" <mcstevex1350(a)verizon.net> wrote in message

>> "Mike Dobony" wrote:
>>> I prefer more common products, like JBL, Yahama, EAW, etc.

>> Meyer cabs are pretty damn common in pro sound.
>> But, that's a foreign topic to you, so I understand your
>> lack of awareness.

> Not that common in CHURCH sound, my area of experience. Most
> churches do not go to audio contractors for purchasing gear and as
> such will not know about how to get Meyer gear.

Please, I could have spilled my coffee, you need to put a warning label on
your post prior to writing about so idiotic behavior. Seem to me those
churches get a poor guidance from whatever Authority the rely on or that
they fail to listen to it.

This is covered by the mountain sermon anyway, to the Emperor that which is
of the Emperor, to God that which is of God and from the Pro Vendor the
sound equipment for the Sermon (special case of the emperor, the physical
world). (We could take this to metaphysics and talk about the God aspect of
all creation and design and it would still apply, the only change would be
that the Pro Vendor got covered by the God aspect .... )

[huge total skip]

> upscale products. Because of this I prefer to not waste time
> learning all the products and availability of these brands, like
> Meyer.

It didn't take me long to learn that as a general rule all good solutions
tend to end up in the same price range and that because of that you might as
well go for the good stuff, you need less of it and then you have a simpler
and more reliable system. Too cheap stuff is not likely to be reliable
enough. See also the JRX thread, sad to see JBL degraded to fourth or fifth
choice.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

From: Phildo on

"Mike Dobony" <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote in message
> What comes out of the mouth is evidence of what is in the heart. I don't
> have enough faith to reject the evidence like you do.

Or rather you are too weak a person to take any responsibility whatsoever
for anything you do so fob everything off on your imaginary friend.

There is no "evidence", not one single tangible shred of it. It is all in
your weak little mind.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

> "mcsteve" <mcstevex1350(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
>> "Mike Dobony" wrote:
>>> I prefer more common products, like JBL, Yahama, EAW, etc.
>>>

>> Meyer cabs are pretty damn common in pro sound.
>> But, that's a foreign topic to you, so I understand your
>> lack of awareness.
>>

> Not that common in CHURCH sound, my area of experience.

Face it Bony, you fucked up, now stop squirming, making even more of a fool
of yourself than you already have and do something Arny has never had the
guts to do - be man enough to admit it, learn from your mistakes and move
on.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

"sam" <sam(a)green.eggs.ham> wrote in message news:473fb3b7$1(a)clear.net.nz...
> Mike Dobony wrote:
>> Not that common in CHURCH sound, my area of experience.
>
> A church is just another gig for a pro company.

Bony seems to think his imaginary god somehow changes the laws of physics
for churches which allows them to get better sound with cheaper equipment.

Phildo