From: Mike Dobony on

"Peter Larsen" <plarsen(a)mail.tele.dk> wrote in message
> Mike Dobony wrote:
>

> Mike, when the quote layers go that deep anybody but those who participate
> stops reading. All has been said three times over in such a thread. Please
> just bail out and count it a learning experience.

Yup, stupid me for thinking King George can be rational.

From: gwatts on
Mike Dobony wrote:
> "gwatts" <gwatts(a)frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>
>>Mike Dobony wrote:
>>
>>>... I did do a search on the UPA1's and
>>>cannot find any for sale.
>>
>>http://www.soundbroker.com/SPEAKERS/?listingid=8147
>>http://www.soundbroker.com/SPEAKERS/?listingid=33542
>>http://www.soundbroker.com/SPEAKERS/?listingid=33228
>>http://www.soundbroker.com/PA_SYSTEMS/?listingid=33462
>>
>>from
>>http://www.hticsproaudio.com/used%20pro%20audio%20-%20speakers%20for%20sale_1.html
>>Meyer UPA1C 10 available $801.00 32179
>>
>>...there are more.
>>

>>> I also could not find any info on them unless you
>>>are talking about hte UPA1-P's, a powered speaker.
>>
>>at
>>http://www.meyersound.com/products/legacy/
>>
>>you'll find
>>http://www.meyersound.com/pdf/products/legacy/upa-1c_ds.pdf
>>http://www.meyersound.com/pdf/products/legacy/upa-1c_oi.pdf
>>

>>I'm finding myself more in agreement with George, Phildo, etc. You really
>>should (at least) try harder, the above took me more time to cut and paste
>>than to find.
>

> What search engine did you use?

Search engine? I don't need no steenking search engine. AH-HA HA HA HA
HA...

Seriously, Soundbroker and HTICS advertise frequently in the back of
magazines like Pro Sound News and I've been doing business with them for
quite a few years. Line items like single UPA-1's aren't going to pop
up in internet search engines, it's a small enough, niche market that
internet search engines will have any useful results buried pretty deep.

For manuals I always start with the manufacturer's web site, Meyer is
one I have well bookmarked as I own a few pieces of their gear.

As my first employer in the audio business once told me: 'You have to be
smarter than the equipment.'
From: tbmoas58 on

Then you look like a genius!

no you look like a goof that is not aware of what they are doing
if I say I need 6 hours to set up a sound system when it only takes 2 then
the promoter has a extra 16 man hours of union call labor to pay for that he
did not need to incure ,
please keep your analogies to actual live sound situations

>> budgets are not fixed amounts, by thier very nature they are created
>> before that actual cost can be determined
>>

> So? I know how much it costs to reroof a house and I know how much it
> costs to repaint a house.

bullshit,

I add a fudge factor and allow for unseen repairs.

so you really dont budget at all
you just create some fictious number because you"feel" its appropriate

>> you clearly are not a sound man or a business man
>> nor a man who loves christ
>>

> On what basis do you say that? I am always complimented on my mixing.

that would be a lie., and lying is against one of your gods commandments

> live according to the common rules of business and investing. I have been
> set free by Christ by the evidence to compare to in the Bible and have
> helped many others become set free. He is my Lord. You have no concept
> of what Lord means, because you condemn every authority, yet you fire
> people for doing what you do.

try that once more, only make sense next time

and btw you may have a lord, but he has nothing to do with doing quality
live sound
or if he does you are surely offending him
george

From: tbmoas58 on

"Mike Dobony" <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote in message

> "Peter Larsen" <plarsen(a)mail.tele.dk> wrote in message
>> Mike Dobony wrote:
>>

>> Mike, when the quote layers go that deep anybody but those who
>> participate stops reading. All has been said three times over in such a
>> thread. Please just bail out and count it a learning experience.
>>

> Yup, stupid me for thinking King George can be rational.

Bony the only reason I toy with you is the entertainment value
arnii's post do not entertain me so he is killfiled
you are the village dunce, but it's still fun to poke you with the sticks
you have sharpened .
george

From: Phildo on

>> this is BASIC vocabulary that is used by sound professionals to describe
>> what they are talking about
>
> ????????????????????? What are you talking about?

You should know. You claim that you TEACH sound so basic stuff like that
should be second nature to you.

>> you can get all the upa1-p's you want, if your wallet is fat enough
>
> They were all I could find on a search.

Well you didn't look very hard then.

>> you clearly are not a sound man or a business man
>> nor a man who loves christ
>>

> On what basis do you say that?

Because you do not live up to the values he is supposed to have taught.

>I am always complimented on my mixing.

Big deal. I bet if any actual sound engineers heard it instead of a bunch of
grannies then they would find plenty to criticise.

Mixing is only a small part of it though Bony and you have shown on here
many times that you are simply not qualified or clued up enough to post on
here, let alone teach sound.

> I have been set free by Christ by the evidence to compare to in the Bible
> and have helped many others become set free. He is my Lord. You have no
> concept of what Lord means, because you condemn every authority, yet you
> fire people for doing what you do.

What part of "no god on this newsgroup ever" did you not understand?

Phildo