First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
How do I rearrange tasks.
How can I rearrange tasks on the gantt chart, such as swap it with the task directly above or below on the numbered list? Also, how can I delete a task and shift everything upwards? Copy and past screws up all the predecessors. I thought these problems had been fixed in MS products when Excel came into being.... 9 Mar 2010 06:45
How do I get the scroll wheel to act nice in the horizontal plane.
I am using Project, looking at the Ghant view. When I hold the ctrl key down, the scroll wheel zooms in and out horizontally as expected, except the center point is not constrained to the mouse cursor. When I zoom in I end up in a way different place in the view than I would expect. Is this by design? Am ... 8 Mar 2010 14:11
Resource Leveling - Cash
The resource leveling is a very useful tool I recently discovered in Project 2007. I would like to know if there is a way to apply this tool to cash as a available resource. My team is allocated a fixed amount of money on a monthly basis. The money is accured if it is not used. Is there a way to determine whe... 6 Mar 2010 03:11
Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to c... 5 Mar 2010 17:23
Formulas/custom field
I am a newbie that is very advanced in Excel but extremely green with MS Project. I am using MS Project 2007 and obviously tracking project status on different levels, well that is the goal. Currently I am not exactly sure what I am doing. Anyways I created a field and titled it "Physical % Complete" this colum... 8 Mar 2010 11:57
About Unit calculation with a fixed duration task
Hello, Usually Units = Work / Duration, but in some case it seems this formula doesn't work. I performed some basic tests in project: First test: I created a fixed duration task: 1 resource, Units = 100%, Work =5d, actual Work=0, so Duration = 5d and Remaining work =5d I changed Rem Work from 5d to 6d, the ta... 5 Mar 2010 12:50
Leveling Resource in Linked Project
I have a "Master Schedule" that is made up from linked files that include schedules for individual projects. While in the "Master Schedule" I am trying to level the resources so no one is over allocated. When I try to level it is not working and states that one of my projects (lets say Project #3) is linked to ... 5 Mar 2010 11:42
How do I Set reminder within Project XP to appear in Outlook
Hi, this option is still available in Microsoft Project 2002, 2003 and 2007 - how ever hidden. To add this feature to an existing toolbar, please perfom the following steps: 1. Got to Tools/Customize/Toolbars 2. Switch to tab Commands 3. Select All Commands 4. Scroll to ReminderSet 5. Drop the toolbar but... 4 Mar 2010 15:50
Surrogate Timesheets
We're using PS 2007. For some reason LastStatusChangeResourceNameUID in Timesheet table is NULL. It prevents me from identifying surrogate timesheets. What do I need to do to make this field populate when Resource Manager submits timesheet for his resource? ... 4 Mar 2010 13:32
In Project 2007, Group By Baseline Start is Rolling Up Max, not Mi
In Project 2007, when you display the Baseline Start field in view with grouping turned on, Baseline Start displays the Maximum Baseline Start of the tasks that form the group, not the minimum. To work around this bug, customize a Start or Date field to equal Baseline Start with Summary calculating rollup minim... 4 Mar 2010 13:32