First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Overflow
I have a series of queries and forms which when the database is on my computer, works fine but when I put it on the client's network, I am getting an Overflow message. I have narrowed at least one of them down to a totals query. All the messages I am seeing refer to a calculated field being too big but why woul... 15 Jan 2010 12:44
Duplicate Queries
I am using Access 2007 query wizards to do the following, but seem to be unable to take it one step further. In the Wizard, I identify 3 columns if they are duplicated to give me the results No problem with this. But I would like to add a fourth column to this query ONLY if this fourth column does not Match i... 16 Jan 2010 20:33
IIf statement
I am trying to write an IIf statement with the following info. If the [StatusOfAppointment]="OnTime" and the [DriverTime] is greater than 2 hours then "Detention" and then if the [StatusOfAppointment]="Early" then need to use [DepartureTime]- [AppointmentTime] and if this is greater than 2 hours "Detention",Nu... 14 Jan 2010 20:19
SQL select statement question
My dataset has 3 columns: customer id, store location, charges I'd like to write a single select statment that will show each customer id once, with the store location where they have the most charges, and the sum of the charges for that store location. This gives the max charges for each customer, but doesn't... 15 Jan 2010 11:37
nesting queries - best practice?
My question is about ethics and efficiency. I have a query that process the results of four other queries. All five perform some calculations ans well as using criteria. Is it more efficient / faster to hard code these queries as SQL within the main query or is it better to leave them as separate saved querie... 15 Jan 2010 09:22
making SQL the source for a report?
I am currently rewriting a big database from using things like DoCmd.OpenReport "Rpt_Y10_A2C_movement_by_student", acViewPreview, where the report's data source is a saved query, to something like Set db = CurrentDb strSQL = SQL_Y10_A2C_movement_by_student 'generate sql from a function db.Execute strSQL, db... 17 Jan 2010 20:39
Search for a name with an apostrophe
I have read as many threads as possible hoping to avoid having to ask this question, as I know it is a frequent one, but I am having trouble with apostrophes in SQL statements. Consider the following scenario, which is more simple than reality but should summarize the issue. I have a search form with one fiel... 14 Jan 2010 15:49
Extract Data from a Field
I have a text field with the following data in record one. Added 8/5/2009 2:57:08 PM For 8/4/2009 The field in record two has the following data. Added 12/19/2009 3:08:49 PM For 12/18/2009 What is the query syntax to extract the first date and time in the field? I will then use an update query to write the fir... 14 Jan 2010 13:34
State abbreviation MI fails in query
I have a query that pulls an employees license information from the training table and links the emp id field to get their name from the employee database. I have the query that asks for the state abbreviation to be input and then pulls up the record providing the term date is null and training field specifies... 14 Jan 2010 11:19
I need to add the letter "Z" to the end of every contract ID
For example, a contract ID looks like "9999P01" or "604527P05". To do a Journal entry in our accounting software, I need to add a "Z" to the end of each contract ID. How can I convert the ID's above into 9999P01Z and 604527P05Z? ... 14 Jan 2010 12:26
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last