From: ~BD~ on
David H. Lipman wrote:
> denigrate Randy

In no way did I do such a thing. I simply asked a question.

*Still* no one has answered the question I posed:

"Why is Aumha excluded from the club?"

--
Dave - As Leythos says "you can't trust your best friends ..."
From: Jenn on
"~BD~" <BoaterDave.is.(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Jenn wrote:
>> "SeaNymph"<SeaNympy(a)deepbluesea.com> wrote in message
>>> Ah...the beauty of usenet. Where some tout the benefits of being able
>>> say and do whatever you like, then turn around and complain about others
>>> doing that very thing. I think it's more of that "what I do is fine,
>>> what
>>> everyone does that I disagree with is not fine". LOL
>>>
>>> Ain't life grand?
>>

>> Lots of benefits to posting on Usenet for sure. There is also benefits
>> taking the time to get to know people, and skype is one way people can do
>> that, now. It allows people to put a voice, and a face(if people video
>> chat) to go with the text they read every day. And who knows... if Peter
>> Foldes and Dave(bd) were to voice chat, maybe they could work out their
>> issues much quicker? I'm one who believes it's possible.
>

> I'll try anything which will allow Mr Foldes the opportunity to apologise
> and admit, finally, that he has been lying for the last 4 years or so.

People can have lengthy and profound misunderstandings when they don't
communicate openly with each other. We take offence for any number of
reasons and then those offences just compound on top of each other over the
years.

> I tell you what Jenn. How about you being a *real* intermediary?

umm ... being an intermediary between two men who aren't getting along is
like asking to have my head scalped, and then beat to a bloody pulp and
doing so voluntarily. <g> It's possible to do, but I could come out of it
more injured than either one of you. :D LOL That's not to say I haven't
been an intermediary before and done so successfully. <g> It takes time
and there are rules to follow as far as communicating in that sort of
setting.

> You get Peter Foldes to agree to a two-way video chat with *you* on Skype
> and put that into being. Then tell me when you have achieved it.

Skype will only do 1-video to 1-video .. it won't do video with 3 people at
a time, but it will do a conference voice chat with 3 people at the same
time, which is kind of cool.

> I won't hold my breath! :)
>
> If you *do* manage it, then I'm a Dutch Muslim!

haahahahaa ... I dunno.. Dave .. Seems you two have been going at it a
long time. I'm not saying either one of you is right or wrong... probably
both of you have been right and wrong on occasion. It just seems like you
both are old enough to find a way to get past your differences, but it takes
both of you to get there.... just saying...... it could happen if ya'll
want it to.

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: Leythos on
In article <0bydnWGKAs7EMAPWnZ2dnUVZ8j9i4p2d(a)bt.com>, BoaterDave.is.
@hotmail.co.uk says...

> Leythos wrote:
> > In article<PeudnWZT0eezOwPWnZ2dnUVZ8sadnZ2d(a)bt.com>, BoaterDave.is.
> > @hotmail.co.uk says...
> >> I'm adding *nothing*
> >>

> > That's the first thing I've seen BD say that clearly and perfectly
> > represents his contributions to all of Usenet
> >

> It's good to learn that you *do* have a sense of humour after all!

I didn't include a :) after my comment, it wasn't meant to be funny.

Trust yourself.
From: SeaNymph on
Why not just mind your own business? It's between the 2 of them, and they
can work it out, or not. Ever think they might enjoy the controversy?

Truth is, you rarely ever "know" anybody who posts on a newsgroup. You
might think you do, but you don't. You have no idea who you're talking to.

From: ~BD~ on
Jenn wrote:
> "~BD~"<BoaterDave.is.(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Jenn wrote:
>>> "SeaNymph"<SeaNympy(a)deepbluesea.com> wrote in message

>>> Lots of benefits to posting on Usenet for sure. There is also benefits
>>> taking the time to get to know people, and skype is one way people can do
>>> that, now. It allows people to put a voice, and a face(if people video
>>> chat) to go with the text they read every day. And who knows... if Peter
>>> Foldes and Dave(bd) were to voice chat, maybe they could work out their
>>> issues much quicker? I'm one who believes it's possible.
>>

>> I'll try anything which will allow Mr Foldes the opportunity to apologise
>> and admit, finally, that he has been lying for the last 4 years or so.
>
> People can have lengthy and profound misunderstandings when they don't
> communicate openly with each other. We take offence for any number of
> reasons and then those offences just compound on top of each other over the
> years.
>
>> I tell you what Jenn. How about you being a *real* intermediary?
>
> umm ... being an intermediary between two men who aren't getting along is
> like asking to have my head scalped, and then beat to a bloody pulp and
> doing so voluntarily.<g> It's possible to do, but I could come out of it
> more injured than either one of you. :D LOL That's not to say I haven't
> been an intermediary before and done so successfully.<g> It takes time
> and there are rules to follow as far as communicating in that sort of
> setting.

I'll be gentle with you! :)

>> You get Peter Foldes to agree to a two-way video chat with *you* on Skype
>> and put that into being. Then tell me when you have achieved it.
>
> Skype will only do 1-video to 1-video .. it won't do video with 3 people at
> a time, but it will do a conference voice chat with 3 people at the same
> time, which is kind of cool.

I understand. If Peter Foldes *agrees* to have a video Skype call with
you, and does, it will clear him of any suspicion of being a bad guy.

If he will not - well, it will simply confirm my fears, eh? ;)

>> I won't hold my breath! :)
>>
>> If you *do* manage it, then I'm a Dutch Muslim!
>>

> haahahahaa ... I dunno.. Dave .. Seems you two have been going at it a
> long time. I'm not saying either one of you is right or wrong... probably
> both of you have been right and wrong on occasion. It just seems like you
> both are old enough to find a way to get past your differences, but it takes
> both of you to get there.... just saying...... it could happen if ya'll
> want it to.

Well - he lies; I tell the truth. Simple as that!

--
Dave - waiting with bated breath!