From: Dustin Cook on
"Jenn" <me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway> wrote in

> "SeaNymph" <SeaNympy(a)deepbluesea.com> wrote in message
>> Ah...the beauty of usenet. Where some tout the benefits of being
>> able to say and do whatever you like, then turn around and complain
>> about others doing that very thing. I think it's more of that "what
>> I do is fine, what everyone does that I disagree with is not fine".
>> LOL
>>
>> Ain't life grand?
>

> Lots of benefits to posting on Usenet for sure. There is also
> benefits to taking the time to get to know people, and skype is one
> way people can do that, now. It allows people to put a voice, and a
> face(if people video chat) to go with the text they read every day.
> And who knows... if Peter Foldes and Dave(bd) were to voice chat,
> maybe they could work out their issues much quicker? I'm one who
> believes it's possible.

You have a valid arguement, Jenn. It's entirely possible to misunderstand
someone if you only have text as the communications medium. That said, I
wouldn't personally take the effort to contact BD (or anyone else) over
voIP (skype..etc) or anything else. But, I'm a recluse. Your milage may
vary. :)

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: Dustin Cook on
Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in

> In article <PeudnWZT0eezOwPWnZ2dnUVZ8sadnZ2d(a)bt.com>, BoaterDave.is.
> @hotmail.co.uk says...
>> I'm adding *nothing*
>>

> That's the first thing I've seen BD say that clearly and perfectly
> represents his contributions to all of Usenet

Even if slightly incorrect. His posts are chewing up resources on my
computer. Granted, it's a few bytes; but... Those bytes could add up! In 20
years or so at this rate, he might even force me to delete an mp3 or
something. Or delete this program. *grin*.

From: Dustin Cook on
~BD~ <BoaterDave.is.(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in

> Leythos wrote:
>> In article<0bydnWGKAs7EMAPWnZ2dnUVZ8j9i4p2d(a)bt.com>, BoaterDave.is.
>> @hotmail.co.uk says...

>>> It's good to learn that you *do* have a sense of humour after all!
>>
>> I didn't include a :) after my comment, it wasn't meant to be funny.
>>

> Oops!
>
> Forgive me for trying to be friendly <shrug>

Ehm.. If you really intended friendship towards anybody; you wouldn't be
dropping their names on usenet to get a response from them. You'd be able
to contact them directly, hehehe...

From: Jenn on

"Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Jenn" <me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway> wrote in
>
> <big snip>
>
> Hi Jenn. :)

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!! Dustin!!! :D Happy to see you here. <big smile> How u
doing?

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

From: Jenn on

> "Jenn" <me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway> wrote in
>

>> Lots of benefits to posting on Usenet for sure. There is also
>> benefits to taking the time to get to know people, and skype is one
>> way people can do that, now. It allows people to put a voice, and a
>> face(if people video chat) to go with the text they read every day.
>> And who knows... if Peter Foldes and Dave(bd) were to voice chat,
>> maybe they could work out their issues much quicker? I'm one who
>> believes it's possible.
>
> You have a valid arguement, Jenn. It's entirely possible to misunderstand
> someone if you only have text as the communications medium. That said, I
> wouldn't personally take the effort to contact BD (or anyone else) over
> voIP (skype..etc) or anything else. But, I'm a recluse. Your milage may
> vary. :)

I'm a bit of a recluse at times... I like to have my quiet time, but I also
like the chit chat thing, too.. getting to know people and such. Voice is
so much fun and I finally got skype on my laptop, which has a cam built into
it, and I can do video chat now ( my desktop I can only voice chat cuz it
doesn't have a cam.. but I can see other peoples cam pics if they have it
going). THAT IS way fun to do, too! :D If you're up for a voice or video
chat.. let me know. I'd love to put a voice and face with your text!

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)