First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
WD My Book 2T- backup questions
I've posted the following questions on the WD home page forum and sent them to their tech support- waiting for a response- but maybe somebody here could offer some ideas. ******* 1. I have 3 PCs in my office. I have successfully installed my WD My Book and with the Smartdrive software have backed up my main com... 30 Jun 2010 16:28
flash drive problem
I stupidly, twice - after using USB flash drives- just pulled them when done without properly removing them. Now they are permanently listed in my "device manager" and in "my computer". I went into device manager and tried to uninstall them. It seemed to work but the next time I booted up- Vista found drivers a... 28 Jun 2010 15:02
be CAREFUL of that for which you wish [esp. for J G Miller]
I finally got a fast connection to read this presentation. Yes, slide 4 mentioned Careful Read & Careful Write. I noticed that there were also Stable Read & Stable Write! But then, do all RAID storage chipsets do them? :) On 5/8/2010 21:25, J G Miller wrote: You do not need to do that, since the topic i... 23 Jun 2010 11:43
WANTED BUSINESS & TECH COMPUTING TELECOM AND NETWORKING EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE
WANTED BUSINESS & TECH COMPUTING TELECOM AND NETWORKING EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE WANT TO BUY$ Has your business downsized? Gone out of business? Changed Equipment MFG's? We are buying Current Technology or Equipment 1-2 Computing Generations Old. We buy Networking Equipment, Data Storage Devices and arrays, Po... 19 Jun 2010 11:16
Bare Drive vs. clothed?
What is the difference between a bare drive vs. one that appears to be in consumer packaging? Is it just the packaging. For 5 bux difference, I can skip the glossy box. Thanks, JimR ... 21 Jun 2010 23:35
best backup software with USB external hard drives?
I looked at USB hard drives at Best Buy the other day- I plan on buying a 1 TB drive. The backup software all seems similar at least from what the boxes say. or would it be better to use third party software like Acronis? My PC has Vista- the backup software with that is extremely minimal. Joe ... 21 Jun 2010 15:47
No good usb portable drives
bopeep wrote: after a long search of reviews on the major hard drive brands in looking for a usb portable around 1gb, I have been unable to find a drive of any brand that does not have an unacceptable number of negative reviews usually more than 5% negative. does there exist a good consumer cost usb po... 14 Jun 2010 10:38
Seagate FreeAgent Go 1TB Portable Auto Encryption
Whimzee wrote: I am thinking of buying this drive on sale. Can I have your opinions on it? I avoid Seagates, because you may well end up with a Maxtor drive and they are the worst that are currently buyable. In particular, I am wary whenever they say automatic encryption. I want to protect the d... 10 Jun 2010 14:33
how to mount an external 2TB USB HD on 32-bit XP
I tried to mount drive but it can't see this SATA inside a external USB case. Is there a driver I need to install in order to see it? Thanks, ... 15 Jun 2010 23:07
RAID 0: 2 disks vs 3 disks
Anyone compared their throughput and write speed in your own PC? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.34 ^ ^ 19:42:01 up 19 days 22:53 2 users load average: 1.13 1.11 1.09 不借貸! 不詐騙! 不援交!... 8 Jun 2010 00:23
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12