First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Cloning SATA Drives?
I have Acronis True Image version 8. It's an older version, about 5 years old. This version allows one to clone drives. In my new comp, I have SATA drives. I'm wondering if this version of TI will clone this type of drive. I seem to get the impression from reading some posts in forums that there is a differen... 20 Mar 2010 17:44
Firewire cords and outlets?
First question can a firewire 4 pin outlet or cord transfer data at 800 Mbps ever? I know it is also dependant on the external devise whether it can achieve 800 mbps rates but can 6 pin devices transfer at 800 Mbps? Or does the connection have to have a 9 pin at each end and a 9-pin cord for external hookup? Al... 18 Mar 2010 22:20
Industrial-Grade CF Memory
I'm in the market for industrial grade compact flash memory in the 256MB to 1GB range. Some brands I see are: Western Digital (Formally Silicon Systems) PSI-APRO C-1 Technology Sandisk STEC Transcend All are rated from -40 deg C to +85 deg C. Durability is more important that write/read speed. Looking... 14 Mar 2010 19:52
Hard drive evolution could hit Microsoft XP users
BBC News - Hard drive evolution could hit Microsoft XP users "By early 2011 all hard drives will use an "advanced format" that changes how they go about saving the data people store on them. The move to the advanced format will make it easier for hard drive makers to produce bigger drives that use less power an... 27 Apr 2010 16:47
setting up a RAID-1 array with a non-empty hdd?
I have a hard drive whose contents I'd like to back up. I was thinking about using RAID-1 mirroring to do this. The thing I'm considered about is... will my drive be wiped? My second drive I don't really care about - that drives purpose is to just serve as a backup. But my main drive... I do care about that a... 10 Mar 2010 13:04
Any way to revive a dropped 1.5TB Seagate drive? MUST GET IT TO SPIN UP
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 13:52:33 -0800 (PST), karotto <manfromvie(a)gmail.com> put finger to keyboard and composed: Hi, Just as I was going to back up my 1.5TB drive to my other, identical drive I dropped it while spinning. It was in a case and did not hit hard yet it won't spin up any more. I MUST get the data off... 7 Mar 2010 19:34
Restoring a disk image to a different drive
Hello, All! I have a RAID0 setup using 2 80 gb drives for my OS drive. I would like to restore this on a 1TB drive. I use Ghost for my backups so I have an image of the drive. Is it possible to restore on the TB drive and use it as my OS drive? Thanks, Colonel Blip E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com ... 12 Mar 2010 15:03
WD passport elite
Hi all! I just bought new WD passport elite HDD and need to use it on several PCs. One of them has Win 98 SE and cannot recognize my WD. Does anybody know if there any chance to solve this? Thanks in advance! ... 8 Mar 2010 01:01
Any way to revive a dropped 1.5TB Seagate drive? MUST GET IT TO SPIN ?UP
karotto <manfromvie(a)gmail.com> wrote: Hi, Just as I was going to back up my 1.5TB drive to my other, identical drive I dropped it while spinning. It was in a case and did not hit hard yet it won't spin up any more. I MUST get the data off it. When I plug it in it beeps (buzzes) periodically but does not ... 6 Mar 2010 20:40
Any way to revive a dropped 1.5TB Seagate drive? MUST GET IT TO SPIN UP
Hi, Just as I was going to back up my 1.5TB drive to my other, identical drive I dropped it while spinning. It was in a case and did not hit hard yet it won't spin up any more. I MUST get the data off it. When I plug it in it beeps (buzzes) periodically but does not spin up. There are no dents or any signs of dama... 8 Mar 2010 22:02