First  |  Prev |
Pages: 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
partition order in partition table
Hello. How important is the partition order in the MBR partition table? I seem to remember from reading that some software products care and some don't. It is a long story, as always, but the short version is that I have a desktop with a multiboot setup using bootmagic and partition magic. I knew I was doing som... 6 Sep 2005 21:30
w2k chkdsk "windows replaced bad clusters in file" question
When Windows 2000 checkdisk chkdsk reports "windows replaced bad clusters in file" does that mean that data was lost or not? I got the message on while doing a chkdsk /f /r on an 80GB supposedly refurbished Seagate ST380011A hard drive - on three large ISO type files. However when chkdsk completed it said ther... 12 Aug 2005 13:57
USB 2.0 port
Hi, I have my laptop running Windows XP SP2. When I plug my USB disk, th system shows "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-speed USB 2.0 port". My laptop have three VIA Rev5 USB universal host controller. What I can do to get a USB 2.0 port? Thanks! Rick ... 10 Aug 2005 18:09
Problems with Adaptec ASH-1233 IDE adapter
I replaced two problematic Promise ATA controllers with Adaptec ASH-1233 controllers, hoping to avoid the glitches inherent to Promise (Promise tech support calls these 'cosmetic errors'). Unfortunately, I've had a different set of problems with the Adaptec. It uses Silicon Image chipset, and appears to be a rebr... 11 Jul 2005 01:54
Real-world comparisons between SATA 150 and SATA 300
Does anyone have any actual, real world experience of the difference in speed between the two? Is the difference immediately noticeable, or does it require the use of a stopwatch capable of millisecond timing? Odie -- Retrodata www.retrodata.co.uk Globally Local Data Recovery Experts ... 4 Jul 2005 19:22
PartitionMagic crash in data movement phase
I had PM8.01 crash in the data movement phase of a NTFS partition move. Symantec support after four days has said I must use third party data recovery tools to try and recover the data. I am looking for suggestions on recovery tools at this point. Does anyone sell a data recovery tool that is specialized ... 16 Jun 2005 12:34
Win SP2 conflict with Pen Drive
A few months ago I had a problem using my Pen Drive USB 2.0 128MB (Flash drive, Legend.). To accessing the files I've to plug it into the USB port click on the A: drive then I click on the icon key and the following message pop up: 'Please insert the device or Please run this utility as privileged user.' I am using... 2 Jul 2005 22:00
Error 732 while executing batch with PM8
I trust this is the correct forum for this post. I'm using Partition Magic 8 to copy the boot partition(NTFS) to a new drive. I receive the above error and the copy does not succeed. KB article at Symantec advises using chkdsk /f or /r. I've tried both to no avail. I notice there are 2 fragments in the MFT of the ... 30 Apr 2005 16:57
ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage Manual
Greetings, I recently obtained an ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage. After some erroros I managed to make it to work. However, I just made an error and need to get in the unit. Issue is that I lost the manual and am stuck with how either completely reset the unit or get in via a backdoor and get in that way. ... 3 May 2005 00:59
firmware upgrade question for Prolific PL-3507 chipset hard drive enclosure (delayed write problem)
How do you know if you have version A, B or C ? My system lists the enclosure as: Prolific PL3507 Combo Device (1394 ATAPI_Rev 1.00) IEEE 1394 SBP2 Device thanks in advance Related links: Prolific internet support center http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/v_filebrw_result.asp Prolific PL-3507 Firmwar... 16 Mar 2005 02:31