First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
How to Disable SATA Drives in BIOS???
Hi, Gang: My main PC has a pair of SATA II hard drives that I use for XP -- a 250-GB boot drive and a 500-GB Data drive with multiple partitions. I also have a PATA IDE drive tray system that lets me swap multiple drives in and out for testing other OSs, etc. On one removable PATA drive I have a duplicate XP i... 18 Oct 2007 02:25
Hard drive failing? Reallocated Sector count warning
My Maxtor 6L250R0, only a couple years old now is showing a yellow highlighted bar for the Reallocated Sector count in HD Tune. The values are below: Should I be concerned? ID Current Worst ThresholdData Status (05) Reallocated Sector Count 253 253 63 ... 21 Sep 2007 09:11
Seagate SMART, Raw Read Error Rate, Seek Error Rate
I'm trying to make sense of the SMART reports for my 13GB and 120GB Seagate hard drives. Both have very high numbers for the Raw Read Error Rate and Seek Error Rate. At the moment the Raw Read Error Rate for the 13GB seems to be unchanging, but the Seek Error Rate increases every time I look at it. Also, if I compa... 9 Sep 2007 18:04
The Windows 2000/XP USB 128 GB problem
When the Windows 2000/XP USB 128 GB problem is present, sector 268435455 cannot be addressed. It happens when an LBA 28-bit command is sent to the disk, and the disk only supports LBA 48-bit commands for addressing that sector. The problem can be detected using the Findpart version 4.87 GB32 program: GB32... 29 Aug 2007 13:53
lpx
I have a sitecom wireless router (WL-018). I have purchased a netdisk (nexstar LS) with ximeta software. With a direct ethernet cable connection all is fine. However, when attached to the wireless router the disk is not recognized (offline error 0000FF14). The ximeta support desk has eliminated several options an... 19 Jul 2007 20:43
Help rebuild SATA Mirrored Pair
I have an Asus P4G8X motherboard with Silicon Image 3112a Controller and I installed a set of new SATA hard drives a few weeks ago as a mirrored pair - everything worked fine. (Only drives in the system.) Yesterday when booting up I got an error, "incomplete raid set" then before I could react the system booted ... 13 Jul 2007 19:11
Adaptec 2820SA Logical Device Failed
System: WinXP SP2 Supermicro X6DAE-G2 2 x Xeon CPU 3.40 GHz 8 x Western Digital Caviar RE 400GB SATA Adaptec 2820SA Bios: b11564 Driver: b11737 Configuration: 4 RAID 0 Arrays (2 disks in each array) Problem: Playing Quicktime files causes a "Logical device failed", independent of the file or which array ... 5 Jul 2007 11:57
STOP 0x7B error explanation?
I'm dealing with a Quantum Fireball lct15 (15 GB) hard disk that won't boot into Windows XP but for which all diagnostic tools show normal operation. I'd like to understand what might be wrong with the drive. Windows XP Pro is installed into a 12 GB primary FAT32 partition. There is also a 3 GB extended partition... 16 Feb 2007 03:38
chkdsk c: /f gives "An unspecified error occurred" error message
This is probably an XP issue, but can anyone help me getting "An unspecified error occurred"? After running 'chkdsk c: /f' from the command prompt, I get the prompt to run at startup which I say yes to. After startup, I get the 10 second countdown, and then immediately the message: "An unspecified error occur... 12 Feb 2007 12:05
Hard Drive Password Problems
Hi, My laptop has died and I have taken out the hard drive and connected it to a USB connector. Windows recognised the hard drive and it apears in Device Manager but does not map a drive or apper in the Disk Management wndow. I then remembered I had set a password for the drive. Question 1 - Is there any ... 7 Feb 2007 00:18