First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
winDLG alternative for 64 bit systems
Hi. I have several WD mybook essential USB drives and I'd like to check them on my 64 bit vista system. So I've downloaded winDLG from the WD website, but somehow I can't check my drive using that program. Chdk from windows finds bad clusters on one of the drives, so now I'm worried about the other drives and ... 8 Feb 2010 07:46
Vertical versus horizontal installation
This Seagate forum thread shows inferior performance results for Barracuda drives installed vertically as opposed to horizontally: http://forums.seagate.com/stx/board/message?board.id=ata_drives&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=17546#M17546 Can anyone offer a reason for the difference? BTW the results are repe... 6 Feb 2010 05:19
194492 Answers to your Computer question! 58
I fell in love with the net and all the compuiter teahcnology in the very early years and have loved it ever since, I have an IT Degree and Communications degree and will be working on my doctorate for the next five years, in bwetween I design websites, databases, Multimedia Produxction or anything that wil make me a p... 2 Feb 2010 15:35
How to display size of $UsnJrnl on XP?
Am interested to display the size of the $UsnJrnl on an XP partition. How can I do this? I think some app has set journal logging on for one of my partitions. My defragger often reports that $Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J is in several parts but doesn't show it's size. Is there a way to tell which apps access UsnJrn... 15 Feb 2010 10:55
Hard drive shock specs
I've never understood the shock specs of hard drives. Does anyone know the practical meaning of the following spec? Barracuda 7200.10 Serial ATA Product Manual: http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/support/disc/manuals/desktop/Barracuda%207200.10/100402371f.pdf 2.9.5.2 Nonoperating shock - 3 and 4 Disc models ... 2 Feb 2010 15:35
Why bad cable makes drive continually active.
On my IDE PATA 250GB, the HDD light always on and (very) quiet continuous whirring sound from HDD. This was used as a system drive for WinXP and all applications seemed to work I reseated the cable & connectors. Now HDD light is back to normal (not on for most of time) and the sounds of disk activity are clea... 2 Feb 2010 15:35
Can Someone please help me with my Computer stuff? 70696
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need I willo just go t... 27 Jan 2010 14:53
Mini USB pocket HD Safe For Credit Cards?
Ed Light wrote: Would this little thing erase any credit cards it got next to in one's pocket? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152188 Should not do. And if it does, it that should show up in the newegg reviews. ... 26 Jan 2010 01:08
Can I make Storage work thru two USB hubs?
Can I make Storage work thru two USB hubs? Windows7 ultimate Dell Dimension 4600 I need more usb ports and have exhausted my options for internal ports. I have a universal flash memory card reader with 4 card slots. I think that means it has its own internal usb hub? It works flawlessly when connected ... 10 Feb 2010 00:08
260254 Answers to your Computer question! 34
I fell in love with the net and all the compuiter teahcnology in the very early years and have loved it ever since, I have an IT Degree and Communications degree and will be working on my doctorate for the next five years, in bwetween I design websites, databases, Multimedia Produxction or anything that wil make me a p... 21 Jan 2010 14:36