First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Bad Sector Count
My Win XP Pro PC suffered a BSOD yesterday telling me that part of the registry was corrupted. I restored the OS from my Acronis True Image backup but the bad sector count has increased from 3 to 5. Not knowing much about these things, is it time to buy a new HDD? Here's the SMART report. Thanks. Keith... 27 Dec 2006 14:22
What's a good HDD checker for external HDDs?
Are there free programs like SpinRite that does well to do DEEP disk checking/testings on external hard disk drives like Maxtor's USB (160 GB)? On two computers at work, I had it had it showed delay write errors. Then, Windows lose connections and I have to repower off and on to access the HDD again. I also tried d... 23 Dec 2006 17:29
IBM ThinkPad R52/T43 Password Removal , RPC8394
I asked the guy on www.allservice.ro about what you said. They said that you are a guy that they refused to sell to, you never bought the software (btw is not a hundred bucks, is only half the price you mentioned). Anyhow, they sell software for professionals and they said will try to avoid thieves as much as th... 16 Dec 2006 17:31
WD800 connector
A friend gave me a Western Digital WD800 drive. It has a strange connector on the end. In place of the normal 40 pin connector, or 80 wire 40-pin connector, that other drives have, and that the WD website indicates that it uses. Instead, it has one or maybe 2 connectors for closely spaced pins S1 to S7 and ano... 27 Nov 2006 16:57
Unlock ATA Password
I've a Toshiba HDD 40 GB, locked with ATA Password. I'm not interested in datas. Just would like to remove the password. What have I to do? ... 17 Nov 2006 20:04
IBM ThinkPad R52/T43 Password Removal , RPC8394
Searching for password removal for IBM ThinkPad R52/T43 or higher models is just waste of time. IBM has changed the security system on their newer laptop models so it is included in the general I/O controller. Some guys over the internet are claiming that they have a solution based of CMOS Decoder and Reader, such ... 8 Nov 2006 18:48
WD My Book Essential: FAT32 vs NTFS?
I got my WD My Book Essential (250 Gigs) installed using USB 2.0, thanks to the replies I got on an earlier thread. Now that it's up and running, "Properties" reports that there are approx 232 Gigs free on the drive. (It comes with some software on it, which takes up the rest of the space.) It also says that... 13 Nov 2006 13:58
ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage
New Argosy firmware available: http://www.argosy.com.tw/mana_php/prod/file/Argosy-NetHDD007-1005.bin dated: 05.10.06, relead: today (25.10.06). best regards Quest ... 18 Jan 2007 00:25
SES-2 over I2C == multimaster I2C?
Dear Everyone, while investigating the theoretical background of some recent SuperMicro SAS backplanes with the AMI MG9072 enclosure management processor, I've ended up with the following unanswered question: it would seem that "enclosure management over I2C", as specified in the SATA 2.5 spec, implies the use o... 20 Oct 2006 10:20
WD My Book Essential drive questions
I just bought a new Western Digital USB external hard drive, 250 GB in size, called "My Book Essential" and am trying to use it to store some large backup files created with Nova Back, vers. 8 - I think. The files are roughly 4 GB in size with extensions of .nb7, thus the confusion on the actual version at the mom... 17 Nov 2006 20:35