From: MEB on
On 05/29/2010 10:31 PM, Leythos wrote:
> In article <uUQBr55$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
> here(a)hotmail.com says...
>>> And yet they freely move and accept information from non-MS servers and
>>> have no control over the non-MS servers and have never once suggested
>>> otherwise.
>>>

>> Oh yes, Microsoft does have control.
>>

> Prove it

Well, if I had to guess, you will have that proof shortly. How deep are
your pockets?

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
From: Leythos on
In article <OFbbJH6$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
here(a)hotmail.com says...

> On 05/29/2010 10:30 PM, Leythos wrote:
> > In article <uKARK55$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
> > here(a)hotmail.com says...
> >> Provide a shred of proof you or anyone has been legally "allowed" to
> >> use Microsoft's property, these groups; that takes distinctive written
> >> authorization from Microsoft.
> >>

> > I see you still can't prove that MS owns anything in these groups, other
> > than the copyright to the content that MS itself/employees post here,
> > and even that's questionable in most countries.
> >
> > So, again, you provide nothing, you can't even prove your claim, and
> > those of us that have worked on Usenet, been part of it, understand it,
> > since the 80's, know that you're completely unable to support your
> > mistaken claim.
> >

> You fool, I have shown you and everyone else EXACTLY what controls
> this. All of you have *no leg to stand on*.

LOL, and you've not shown anything. MS could say, do, jump up and down,
and not a single Usenet server/company would have to listen to them. The
groups can remain without permission from MS, that's the way that Usenet
works, no peer has to accept any changes or requests if they don't want
too and there is no legal reason for them to stop hosting these groups.

Trust yourself.
From: Leythos on
In article <O0O5BJ6$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
here(a)hotmail.com says...

> On 05/29/2010 10:31 PM, Leythos wrote:
> > In article <uUQBr55$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
> > here(a)hotmail.com says...
> >>>

> >> Oh yes, Microsoft does have control.
> >>

> > Prove it
> >

> Well, if I had to guess, you will have that proof shortly. How deep are
> your pockets?

I see that you've not proven anything, again.

Trust yourself.
From: MEB on
On 05/29/2010 10:52 PM, Leythos wrote:
> In article <OFbbJH6$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
> here(a)hotmail.com says...
>>
>> On 05/29/2010 10:30 PM, Leythos wrote:
>>> In article <uKARK55$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
>>> here(a)hotmail.com says...
>>>>

>>> I see you still can't prove that MS owns anything in these groups, other
>>> than the copyright to the content that MS itself/employees post here,
>>> and even that's questionable in most countries.
>>>
>>> So, again, you provide nothing, you can't even prove your claim, and
>>> those of us that have worked on Usenet, been part of it, understand it,
>>> since the 80's, know that you're completely unable to support your
>>> mistaken claim.
>>>

>> You fool, I have shown you and everyone else EXACTLY what controls
>> this. All of you have *no leg to stand on*.
>
> LOL, and you've not shown anything. MS could say, do, jump up and down,
> and not a single Usenet server/company would have to listen to them. The
> groups can remain without permission from MS, that's the way that Usenet
> works, no peer has to accept any changes or requests if they don't want
> too and there is no legal reason for them to stop hosting these groups.

Check the group this was cross-posted to.. you will see my name [or
depending upon your reader maybe nothing, unless they now want to show
something else] as poster, no header, no message... just you quoting my
supposed post in response directly under it in the thread... I'd say
that's pretty actively controlling these groups.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com>

| On 05/29/2010 09:10 PM, Leythos wrote:
>> In article <u8el4f3$KHA.5168(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
>> here(a)hotmail.com says...

>>> Microsoft never *pushed* its property anywhere.

>>> Baseless, worthless and merit-less arguments.

>> And yet you can't provide anything to prove your statement, but, we can
>> easily see that they have and do.

| OH REALLY!!!

| Then provide that absolute proof Microsoft "pushes" anything to usenet.

| When you can't get that done, provide proof Microsoft authorized Usenet
| to offer its property.

Actually, there is no "property".
There is No Microsoft software being distributed. There are just the words of people
communication over a medium. A medium that Microsft has no control over because when I
his the "send" button, this post will be repeated on servers around the world. Repeated
on servers that is NOT under the control of Microsoft.

--
Dave