From: MEB on
On 05/29/2010 05:37 PM, Leythos wrote:
> In article <eSkgI22$KHA.1700(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
> here(a)hotmail.com says...
>> But anything IN Usenet/use net/usenet it obtained elsewhere [which it
>> does own, control, and otherwise, is NOT its property. So again, a
>> useless claim. Microsoft OWNS its groups, the hierarchy, and the
>> presentation as so stated BY Microsoft.
>>

> MS does not "Own" the groups, and they only control the content ON THEIR
> OWN SERVERS.

Nifty, but that is not factual, Microsoft documents and the Law show
otherwise.

More baseless, worthless, and material lacking merit.

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
From: Geoff on
On Sat, 29 May 2010 17:37:46 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>My main man Geoff :-)

Hi David, yes this is great fun, isn't it? Fine entertainment on a
Saturday afternoon. More fun than Topo Gigo. :)
From: MEB on
On 05/29/2010 05:34 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com>
>

>>> No, not true at all!
>
>>> Take the Adobe.* hierarchy. Adobe did they same thing to Usenet more thn a year ago.
>>> First Adobe made it a unidirectional feed to Usenet. Then in 2009 they cut all ties
>>> Usenet. Yet, the Adobe.* Usenet hierachy lives on.
>

> | Not a good argument.
> | What Adobe did has no relevance to what Microsoft does and has done,
> | which includes the legal notice to close these groups. THAT and
> | Microsoft's documents and applicable Law are what control this/these
> | issues, and the Law and Microsoft say close the groups Microsoft OWNS.
>
> No. When Microsoft connected to Usenet and "peered" they have no ownership of the groups.
> Usenet at large is public and not privately held.

Microsoft never "peered" to anyone.

More baseless, worthless, valueless, and complete lacking in fact material.

> Microsoft, on the other hand, owns their Forums.

Microsoft OWN the forums, the groups, the presentation, and all that
entails.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Geoff" <geoff(a)invalid.invalid>

| On Sat, 29 May 2010 17:37:46 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
| <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>>My main man Geoff :-)

| Hi David, yes this is great fun, isn't it? Fine entertainment on a
| Saturday afternoon. More fun than Topo Gigo. :)

;-)

--
Dave

From: Leythos on
In article <u8el4f3$KHA.5168(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
here(a)hotmail.com says...
> > You're wrong again - there is a very real structure and everything that
> > enters it via willing participants, unless owned by someone else, is
> > public domain. MS agreed to this when they started pushing their content
> > out to Usenet.
>
> Microsoft never *pushed* its property anywhere.
>
> Baseless, worthless and merit-less arguments.

And yet you can't provide anything to prove your statement, but, we can
easily see that they have and do.

Trust yourself.