From: Tom Willett on

:
: What *will* you do with all that extra time, Peter? ;-)

He'll be able to spend more time having you committed.

From: ~BD~ on
Tom Willett wrote:
> :
> :
> : What *will* you do with all that extra time, Peter? ;-)
>
> He'll be able to spend more time having you committed.

*plonk*
From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in message
> In article <0212B956-BEC3-42D5-B423-36BA244B7A86(a)microsoft.com>, hot-
> text(a)hotmail.com says...
>> in time MS will move to Forums provide a healthy community
>> environment with
>> less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and a PV Chat
>> for
>> community discussions groups Too!
>>

> From all I've seen of the forums, they are harder to use, contain less
> users, have a terrible interface...
>
> Usenet has been plagued by trolls and spammers for decades, in fact, I
> think the first troll started about 4 years after Usenet went public,
> if
> I can remember back that far. Trolls are easy to deal with, it's the
> idiots that use Usenet like they are using email and that use web
> interfaces to Usenet that cause the most problems.

I agree!

NNTP is difficult to police, "Big Brother" is trying to exert control
over users and wants NNTP to disappear. :-(

Long live NNTP!!

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>

| "Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in message
>> In article <0212B956-BEC3-42D5-B423-36BA244B7A86(a)microsoft.com>, hot-
>> text(a)hotmail.com says...
>>> in time MS will move to Forums provide a healthy community
>>> environment with
>>> less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and a PV Chat
>>> for
>>> community discussions groups Too!

>> From all I've seen of the forums, they are harder to use, contain less
>> users, have a terrible interface...

>> Usenet has been plagued by trolls and spammers for decades, in fact, I
>> think the first troll started about 4 years after Usenet went public,
>> if
>> I can remember back that far. Trolls are easy to deal with, it's the
>> idiots that use Usenet like they are using email and that use web
>> interfaces to Usenet that cause the most problems.

| I agree!

| NNTP is difficult to police, "Big Brother" is trying to exert control
| over users and wants NNTP to disappear. :-(

| Long live NNTP!!

Like NY AG Andy Cuomo.

He's the reason why *many* US ISPs have dropped providing Usenet.

Too much CP in the binaries.

--
Dave

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
> From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>
>
> | "Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in message
>>> In article <0212B956-BEC3-42D5-B423-36BA244B7A86(a)microsoft.com>,
>>> hot-
>>> text(a)hotmail.com says...
>

>>> From all I've seen of the forums, they are harder to use, contain
>>> less
>>> users, have a terrible interface...
>
>>> Usenet has been plagued by trolls and spammers for decades, in fact,
>>> think the first troll started about 4 years after Usenet went
>>> public,
>>> if
>>> I can remember back that far. Trolls are easy to deal with, it's the
>>> idiots that use Usenet like they are using email and that use web
>>> interfaces to Usenet that cause the most problems.
>
> | I agree!
>
> | NNTP is difficult to police, "Big Brother" is trying to exert
> control
> | over users and wants NNTP to disappear. :-(
>
> | Long live NNTP!!
>
> Like NY AG Andy Cuomo.
>
> He's the reason why *many* US ISPs have dropped providing Usenet.
>
> Too much CP in the binaries.

Can't say that I'd miss the binaries much if that became an equitable
halfway measure. I like the discussion aspect (especially unmoderated)
and the fact that it *isn't* (or at least *wasn't*) the web.