From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

[...]

Usenet is not a site, and its content is not Microsoft's property.

From: MEB on
On 05/29/2010 03:58 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
> "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 05/29/2010 02:35 PM, Leythos wrote:
>>> In article <#Z62g$s$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
>>> here(a)hotmail.com says...
>>>>

>>> Sorry, you're wrong.
>>>
>>> MS only owns the groups that reside on MS's own hardware/network, all
>>> others (as in every other server that contains them) are the property
>>> and domain of the company that runs that usenet server.
>>>

>> Sorry your entirely wrong. Since any other "vendors", "companies" or
>> other, even individual users are BOUND by Microsoft's allowance of
>> usage, any other usage is illegal.
>
> They can do what they will with their own servers. Once they peered with
> usenet at large, they lost any hopes of controlling content usage.
> Usenet being 'in the cloud' as it were, and the way things are stored
> and propagated. They can control their "web access to newsgroups"
> thingy, but not the groups themselves. Microsoft's IIS NNTP service and
> the microsoft groups are not the same thing as usenet.
>
> ....and it's "you're" not "your"... Mr. wordsmith.

HA so I noticed after I sent it, it makes no difference.

Microsoft did not peer *TO* Usenet/usenet so your presentation lacks
value...

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
From: Leythos on
In article <e3uTS71$KHA.348(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
here(a)hotmail.com says...

> On 05/29/2010 02:35 PM, Leythos wrote:
> > In article <#Z62g$s$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
> > here(a)hotmail.com says...
> >> The Notice and everything else applying to usage, deals with and
> >> defines the public's ability to use any of Microsoft's property. These
> >> groups, the hierarchy, and presentation are Microsoft's property.
> >>

> > Sorry, you're wrong.
> >
> > MS only owns the groups that reside on MS's own hardware/network, all
> > others (as in every other server that contains them) are the property
> > and domain of the company that runs that usenet server.
> >

> Sorry your entirely wrong. Since any other "vendors", "companies" or
> other, even individual users are BOUND by Microsoft's allowance of
> usage, any other usage is illegal.

You're wrong - once it's in Usenet, part of the Global Usenet, MS has no
control of it.

Trust yourself.
From: MEB on
On 05/29/2010 04:11 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
> "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> [...]
>
> Usenet is not a site, and its content is not Microsoft's property.

But anything IN Usenet/use net/usenet it obtained elsewhere [which it
does own, control, and otherwise, is NOT its property. So again, a
useless claim. Microsoft OWNS its groups, the hierarchy, and the
presentation as so stated BY Microsoft.

From: MEB on
On 05/29/2010 04:25 PM, Leythos wrote:
> In article <e3uTS71$KHA.348(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
> here(a)hotmail.com says...
>>
>> On 05/29/2010 02:35 PM, Leythos wrote:
>>> In article <#Z62g$s$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
>>> here(a)hotmail.com says...
>>>>

>>> Sorry, you're wrong.
>>>
>>> MS only owns the groups that reside on MS's own hardware/network, all
>>> others (as in every other server that contains them) are the property
>>> and domain of the company that runs that usenet server.
>>>

>> Sorry your entirely wrong. Since any other "vendors", "companies" or
>> other, even individual users are BOUND by Microsoft's allowance of
>> usage, any other usage is illegal.
>
> You're wrong - once it's in Usenet, part of the Global Usenet, MS has no
> control of it.

You people really aren't very bright. Usenet/use net/usenet never had
the authority to it in any form, per Microsoft's own documents. Theft
[which it essentially is] does not create ownership nor remove ownership
nor any Laws pursuant the applicable materials. Unless authorized by
Microsoft any use other than what has been authorized is illegal.