From: Bullwinkle on
Another LIE!

"~BD~" <BoaterDave(a)hotmail..co.uk> wrote in message
Tom Willett wrote:
> :
> :
> : What *will* you do with all that extra time, Peter? ;-)
>
> He'll be able to spend more time having you committed.

*plonk*

From: Leythos on
In article <#0#kIiK7KHA.1424(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, erratic
@nomail.afraid.org says...

> > From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>
> >
> > | "Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in message

> > | I agree!
> >
> > | NNTP is difficult to police, "Big Brother" is trying to exert
> > control
> > | over users and wants NNTP to disappear. :-(
> >
> > | Long live NNTP!!
> >
> > Like NY AG Andy Cuomo.
> >
> > He's the reason why *many* US ISPs have dropped providing Usenet.
> >
> > Too much CP in the binaries.
>
> Can't say that I'd miss the binaries much if that became an equitable
> halfway measure. I like the discussion aspect (especially unmoderated)
> and the fact that it *isn't* (or at least *wasn't*) the web.

Yep, in the days before binary groups and posts, I could keep 6 months
of Usenet groups on my server in about 100MB of drive space.

Trust yourself.
From: Max Wachtel on
On Tue, 04 May 2010 21:28:19 -0400, FromTheRafters <erratic
<nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> ...now if only techarena, egghead and their ilk would go away.

+1
--
This post was created using Opera(a)USB: http://www.opera-usb.com
Virus Removal Instructions
From: Virus Guy on
Max Wachtel didn't write:

> > ...now if only techarena, egghead and their ilk would go away.

Ironically, techarena and the various "banter.com" sites might be the
only place to keep carrying the microsoft.public groups.

If there is a single person to blame for many independent servers to
stop carrying microsoft.public groups, it's a worm known as Julien
�LIE. He can be found in news.admin.hierarchies, news.admin.misc,
microsoft.public.news.server, microsoft.public.msnewservers. He's going
to send out the check-group and rm-group messages - not Microsoft.
From: Villi Bernaroli on
Leythos wrote:

> Usenet has been plagued by trolls and spammers for decades, in fact, I
> think the first troll started about 4 years after Usenet went public,
> if I can remember back that far. Trolls are easy to deal with, it's
> the idiots that use Usenet like they are using email and that use web
> interfaces to Usenet that cause the most problems.

I totally agree. I know people who've banned whole domains like
groups.google.com or webtv.
--
Villi Bernaroli, Italy
VFP, SOAP, MS SQLserver, MySQL, Oracle