From: MEB on
On 05/28/2010 10:13 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
> MEB wrote:
>
>> The Notice and everything else applying to usage, deals with and
>> defines the public's ability to use any of Microsoft's property. These
>> groups, the hierarchy, and presentation are Microsoft's property.
>
> Been only a short time since Microsoft let you out of their special
> training cave. The newsgroups are NOT Microsoft's property. If
> anything, the property remains that of the authors who submitted the
> posts and none of those came from Microsoft. Sorry, but Microsoft
> doesn't get to claim the content of those newsgroups is their property
> on resources owned by others, including myself for my copies of those
> posts.
>
> Perhaps YOU should go back and read that article. It only refers to
> resources owned by Microsoft and referred to as the "services". You can
> try to scare all the noobs all you want with your claim of expertise as
> a lawyer. No one believes you. Good by wannabe Microsoft lawyer.

WRONG, you can spread your garbage and find those who will likely fall
into your trap. However, what you spread is pure trash... and smells up
the entire world... and will likely find those who believe you *outside*
of Law.

Now YOU read the article again... *ALL of it*, including what materials
are supplied by others and that effect. READ the TOU for the new forums,
and read all the other applicable.

*You* are a wannabe intelligent person, you have a long way to go, in
fact, you may never be one.

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
From: Leythos on
In article <#Z62g$s$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
here(a)hotmail.com says...
> The Notice and everything else applying to usage, deals with and
> defines the public's ability to use any of Microsoft's property. These
> groups, the hierarchy, and presentation are Microsoft's property.

Sorry, you're wrong.

MS only owns the groups that reside on MS's own hardware/network, all
others (as in every other server that contains them) are the property
and domain of the company that runs that usenet server.

Trust yourself.
From: Leythos on
In article <eQGRPYt$KHA.5168(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
here(a)hotmail.com says...
> Now YOU read the article again... *ALL of it*, including what materials
> are supplied by others and that effect. READ the TOU for the new forums,
> and read all the other applicable.

MS does not "Own" or "Control" anything that is on other vendors,
companies servers, they can only control what is on their servers.

Yes, MS does own/control what is on THEIR OWN SERVERS, but, MS can not
order other vendors/companies to discontinue hosting MS groups.

Trust yourself.
From: MEB on
On 05/29/2010 02:35 PM, Leythos wrote:
> In article <#Z62g$s$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
> here(a)hotmail.com says...
>> The Notice and everything else applying to usage, deals with and
>> defines the public's ability to use any of Microsoft's property. These
>> groups, the hierarchy, and presentation are Microsoft's property.
>>

> Sorry, you're wrong.
>
> MS only owns the groups that reside on MS's own hardware/network, all
> others (as in every other server that contains them) are the property
> and domain of the company that runs that usenet server.

Sorry your entirely wrong. Since any other "vendors", "companies" or
other, even individual users are BOUND by Microsoft's allowance of
usage, any other usage is illegal.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com>

| On 05/29/2010 02:35 PM, Leythos wrote:
>> In article <#Z62g$s$KHA.1068(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, MEB-not-
>> here(a)hotmail.com says...
>>> The Notice and everything else applying to usage, deals with and
>>> defines the public's ability to use any of Microsoft's property. These
>>> groups, the hierarchy, and presentation are Microsoft's property.

>> Sorry, you're wrong.

>> MS only owns the groups that reside on MS's own hardware/network, all
>> others (as in every other server that contains them) are the property
>> and domain of the company that runs that usenet server.

| Sorry your entirely wrong. Since any other "vendors", "companies" or
| other, even individual users are BOUND by Microsoft's allowance of
| usage, any other usage is illegal.

No, not true at all!

Take the Adobe.* hierarchy. Adobe did they same thing to Usenet more thn a year ago.
First Adobe made it a unidirectional feed to Usenet. Then in 2009 they cut all ties to
Usenet. Yet, the Adobe.* Usenet hierachy lives on.

--
Dave