From: Chris Young on
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:34:35 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
to MC Vanessa Ezekowitz:

> Replying to two messages at once here...

Hold on! Vanessa? A girl? Having a good POKE? (f'nar!) And...
erm.. a C64 owner? (I think he's beginning to lose interest now, love
- Ed)

Well, at least this proves[1] one thing - the C64 is the girliest
computer of the lot.

Chris
[1] without bothering with the hassle of actually doing a proper
survey or anything like that

| Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

From: Sam Gillett on

<spike1(a)freenet.co.uk> wrote ...

> Indeed. More like comparing mice to elephants.

Run, before a Commodore user steps on you!!

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving. :-)
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

I saw Elvis making round crop circles,
while Sir Clive made square crop circles.

From: spike1 on
Sam Gillett <samgillettnospam(a)diespammermsn.com> did eloquently scribble:

> <spike1(a)freenet.co.uk> wrote ...
>>
>> Indeed. More like comparing mice to elephants.

> Run, before a Commodore user steps on you!!

> BTW, Happy Thanksgiving. :-)

We don't do that silly thanksgiving stuff over here.
| spike1(a)freenet.co.uk | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste! |
From: Ville Muikkula on
In comp.sys.cbm spike1(a)freenet.co.uk wrote:

> We don't do that silly thanksgiving stuff over here.

Besides, it is originally a celebration of successful massacres of
native tribes.

John Westcott and Paul Apodaca write: "The year was 1637... 700 men,
women, and children of the Peqout Tribe gathered for their annual "Green
Corn Dance" in the area that is now known as Groton, Connecticut.
While they were gathered in a place of meeting , they were surrounded
and attacked by mercenaries of the English and Dutch. The Indians were
ordered from the building and as they came forth, they were shot down. The
rest were burned alive in the building.
The next day, the governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony declared "A
day of thanksgiving" thanking god that they had eliminated all the men,
women, and children."
From: Duncan Snowden on
Ian Rawlings wrote:

> At the time, the cross-format mags moaned that Elite on the '64 was a
> bit pants too, but I've never seen it.

It was pretty awful. Still screenshots look quite good - something like
a cross between the BBC original and the Speccy version, but "flickery"
doesn't even begin to describe it. You can see the vector lines being
drawn. Quickly, but you can.

--
Duncan Snowden.