From: Patrick de Zeester on
spike1(a)freenet.co.uk wrote:
> Patrick de Zeester <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> did eloquently scribble:
>>> The utter flop that was the commodore 16 perhaps?
>>> (God knows what they were thinking when they released that)
>
>> Not only God, Commodore thought they released something which was
>> supposed to compete with the Spectrum!
>
> Aye, but they did it... what, 2 years after the spectrum?
> And it only came with 16k of RAM when no-one in 1984 or 5 was bothering to
> buy 16k spectrums anymore.
>
> Of course, it was doomed to failure before it was even released because of
> that. Not to mention its incompatibility with the vic and c64, meaning no
> games when the spectrum had a 2 or 3 year head start and a massive back
> catalogue.

Believe it or not, but that is the way it is. Well at least according to
the book "On the edge, The Spectacular Rise and Fall of Commodore", and
a video floating somewhere on the net with Bill Herd and Dave Haynie
(two former Commodore engineers).
From: DanSolo on
Dunny wrote:
> In news:1164001833.178416.67160(a)k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
> Ed Zagmoon <spartan_isle(a)yahoo.com> typed:
>
> > Conclusion : If you are a Spectrum user, you must be a girl.
> > If you think that you're a man, please double-check the
> > thing between your legs, you CAN'T be a man.
>
> They even tested the theory on WOS:
>
> http://www.worldofspectrum.org/hcc2006/index2.html#theory
>
> :-)
>
> D.

Wow, you've proven the opposite. No girl would ever actually TOUCH a
Sinclair machine!

From: Sam Gillett on

"Daniel Mandic" wrote ...

> Sam Gillett wrote:
>
>> The later C64's had a different case design, but still had the same
>> keyboard layout, the same amount of RAM, the same ports, etc., etc.
>
> everyone knows, only the brown madie in W-Germany, VC-20 tundered,
> lame Basic, almost 400/800 Graphics and the MOS-6581 outfitted commode
> is a real Breadbin.

I can think of only two things that might explain your post.

1. You are insane.
2. You are very high on drugs.

--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

It looks like your gene
pool could use a filter!

From: pacman_6502 on

On Nov 22, 8:03 pm, Anders Carlsson <anders.carls...(a)sfks.se> wrote:

>Well.. it depends on which address the file was stored from. As far
> as I know, the (only?) method to obtain auto-start is to load a file
> into the low 1K - perhaps one of the Kernel vectors - and when the
> load routine returns to Basic, your routine happens to be executed
> and you can continue the loading process.

You could also place your auto-start loader under the kernal ROM. You
just have to set up your loader so that the IRQ vectors are over-writen
with the starting address of your loader, and then wrapping around the
64K boundry and over-write the memory banking register also. When the
memory banking register gets set with a value to bank out the kernal
ROM, the next IRQ with pass control to your loader routine.

From: spike1 on
Sam Gillett <samgillettnospam(a)diespammermsn.com> did eloquently scribble:

> "Daniel Mandic" wrote ...

>> Sam Gillett wrote:
>>
>>> The later C64's had a different case design, but still had the same
>>> keyboard layout, the same amount of RAM, the same ports, etc., etc.
>>
>> everyone knows, only the brown madie in W-Germany, VC-20 tundered,
>> lame Basic, almost 400/800 Graphics and the MOS-6581 outfitted commode
>> is a real Breadbin.

> I can think of only two things that might explain your post.

> 1. You are insane.
> 2. You are very high on drugs.

So... we finally have some common ground.
:)
| spike1(a)freenet.co.uk | |