From: agila61 on
According to groups.google, its only 175 in CSC, but at least now it
should be one closer.

From: agila61 on
spike1(a)freenet.co.uk wrote:
> agila61(a)netscape.net did eloquently scribble:
> > So, unless those photos were staged (which, it must be conceded, seems
> > implausible), then the Spectrum is preferable for carrying around in
> > public, being an ideal babe magnet, while the C64 is preferable plugged
> > in at home, for use as a computer.

> Now... that's where you lost me...

Hmmm, let me guess, participating via CSS? Did I guess right?

If the photographic evidence is telling the truth, then you really have
to carry the Sinclair around as a Babe Magnet and use the C64 plugged
in at home as a computer. Even if you prefer to use the Sinclair as a
computer, as the CSS crowd would be wont to do, I would presume, given
that they are reading CSS ...

.... priorities is priorities. yeah? in't?

And before you go on with "but then I would get a second Sinclair" ...
the solution is scalable, since then you'd carry around two Sinclairs.
Somebody that had two legacy computers of whatever brand probably needs
the extra Babe Magnet effect of the extra Sinclair anyway.

Straight female legacy computer fans would be the only ones who would
be able to justify leaving their Sinclair plugged in at home when there
are a world of Babes to attract.

Yeah, I know, you are saying what about married old codgers? Then its
even worse. The married old codger has to force himself to keep making
it look like he is taking the Sinclair out, even if he is actually
hiding it in the shed, because then when he really is taking the
Sinclair out, the wife won't see a change in his behaviour.

Mind you, that does not say that it has to be a C64 that you are using
as your legacy computer plugged in at home because of the Sinclair Babe
Magnet effect ... it could be an Atari, an Amiga, a Kim-1, an AppleII,
a Macintosh Classic 128K ... but if you are a true Sinclair fan, the
"other" legacy computer that you were forced into owning by the dreaded
Sinclair Babe Magnet effect would be the one that you can get you hands
on with the least effort, so it probably would be a C64.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plug-N-Play-Commodore-64-30-games-in-1-Joystick-NEW_W0QQitemZ220057845408QQihZ012QQcategoryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Because you can hack around with it without being responsible for
destroying an actual legacy computer.

From: spike1 on
agila61(a)netscape.net did eloquently scribble:
> spike1(a)freenet.co.uk wrote:
>> agila61(a)netscape.net did eloquently scribble:
>> > So, unless those photos were staged (which, it must be conceded, seems
>> > implausible), then the Spectrum is preferable for carrying around in
>> > public, being an ideal babe magnet, while the C64 is preferable plugged
>> > in at home, for use as a computer.

>> Now... that's where you lost me...

> Hmmm, let me guess, participating via CSS? Did I guess right?

Spot on
:)

> If the photographic evidence is telling the truth, then you really have
> to carry the Sinclair around as a Babe Magnet and use the C64 plugged
> in at home as a computer. Even if you prefer to use the Sinclair as a
> computer, as the CSS crowd would be wont to do, I would presume, given
> that they are reading CSS ...

There's nothing stopping you from plugging it in at home, and as you're
carrying it around with you... There's little to stop you from plugging it
in whereever you are that has a telly.
| spike1(a)freenet.co.uk | |
From: AndyC on

<spike1(a)freenet.co.uk> wrote in message

> There's nothing stopping you from plugging it in at home, and as you're
> carrying it around with you... There's little to stop you from plugging it
> in whereever you are that has a telly.

Although the staff in Dixons do tend to get a bit grumpy....

AndyC

From: spike1 on
AndyC <ac(a)uea.ac.uk> did eloquently scribble:

> <spike1(a)freenet.co.uk> wrote in message

>> There's nothing stopping you from plugging it in at home, and as you're
>> carrying it around with you... There's little to stop you from plugging it
>> in whereever you are that has a telly.

> Although the staff in Dixons do tend to get a bit grumpy....

Only cos they're generally too stupid to know anything about their products
in the first place of course. A speccy on a tv playing a demo mode of manic
miner would attract far more sales.
:)
| spike1(a)freenet.co.uk | |