From: agila61 on
spike1(a)freenet.co.uk wrote:
> There's nothing stopping you from plugging it in at home, and as you're
> carrying it around with you... There's little to stop you from plugging it
> in whereever you are that has a telly.

If there's nothing stopping you from plugging it in at home, then when
would you have time for the Spectrum? yeah?

And as far as plugging it in wherever you are that has a telly, now you
are discussing an entirely distinct and separate topic from the one
that you queried, and I am frankly shock ... SHOCKED ... that there are
not laws against such things in your country.

SHOCKED!

On the strategies for hiding the C64, which if I recall was not
unimportant in terms of being able to plug it in at home, if you use an
LCD television and have the a 64C sitting in a keyboard shelf, there's
no telling that the compact flash adapter and hard drive interface is
some wierd looking home brew thingy that cost more than the keyboard
and screen as long as you don't pull the shelf out while the lass(ess)
is/are there.

What I want to know is whether this Babe Magnet effect is restricted to
the UK Spectrums? If I picked up a Timex Sinclair 1000 on ebay, would
that do the trick? Or would it attract Babes as defective as everything
else connected to a TS1000 always seemed to be?

From: agila61 on

Chris Young wrote:
> This experiment was done a long time ago. It is already documented
> that the ZX81 repels single women:
> http://www.atariarchives.org/deli/sinclair_and_the_single_woman.php

And if we were to know a bit more about "Eddie" we would have more
information regarding the "closet compatible" dimension.

From: agila61 on

spike1(a)freenet.co.uk wrote:
> Sam Gillett <samgillettnospam(a)diespammermsn.com> did eloquently scribble:
> > If you do get mobbed for showing a TS1000 the mob will be throwing stones
> > and/or bricks at you.

> Hey, I didn't saw what kind of mob, did I?

I think the key insight here is hexapodia.

From: agila61 on
Duncan Snowden wrote:
> Dunny wrote:

> > They even tested the theory on WOS:

> > http://www.worldofspectrum.org/hcc2006/index2.html#theory

> > :-)

> Crikey, my Speccy never had that effect on the ladies. (Something to do
> with using words like "crikey", perhaps? -Ed.)

Crikey would work well enough in this part of the US, as long as you
had the aussie ocker accent to go with it. Yanks between the mountain
ranges ("flyover" country to the people in LA and NY that make all
those cr@p US television shows and movies) are suckers for accents that
strike them as exotic.

Combine an aussie ocker accent and a exotic furrin computer for walking
around with like the Spectrum, and bob's your uncle.

From: Chris Young on
On 9 Dec 2006 08:58:00 -0800 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
to MC :

> > Crikey, my Speccy never had that effect on the ladies. (Something to do
> > with using words like "crikey", perhaps? -Ed.)
>
> Crikey would work well enough in this part of the US, as long as you
> had the aussie ocker accent to go with it.

No need. Most Americans can't seem to distinguish between English and
Australian accents anyway.

Chris

| Your Sinclair: A Celebration |