From: Daniel Mandic on
Duncan Snowden wrote:

> Leif Bloomquist wrote:
>
> > What if I painted my C64 hot pink with a Hello Kitty theme,
> > including custom Hello Kitty ROM with pink/white startup colours?
> > Would that tip the scale in the C64's favour?
>
> Don't know. But you raise an interesting point. The standard C64 is
> beige and brown. It is clearly a computer for the old and addled,
> harmonising well with their cardigans, liquidized meals, and surgical
> appliances.
>
> The Spectrum, on the other hand, is black. This makes it ideally
> suited for ninjas, special forces operatives and James Bond (it is
> also, as we have seen in some excellent photographic evidence, a babe
> magnet; a feature which would also be of particular interest to Cmdr.
> Bond).

For me it is reflecting the deep black of the Space.... with a small
stripe, Right down, as the World ...(wherelse do you have a Spectrum!!)

Kind regards,

Daniel Mandic

From: Wayne Marsh on
Duncan Snowden wrote:
(it is also, as we
> have seen in some excellent photographic evidence, a babe magnet; a
> feature which would also be of particular interest to Cmdr. Bond).

Also: Men
From: agila61 on
DanSolo wrote:
> Dunny wrote:
> > In news:1164001833.178416.67160(a)k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
> > Ed Zagmoon <spartan_isle(a)yahoo.com> typed:

> > > Conclusion : If you are a Spectrum user, you must be a girl.
> > > If you think that you're a man, please double-check the
> > > thing between your legs, you CAN'T be a man.
> >
> > They even tested the theory on WOS:

> > http://www.worldofspectrum.org/hcc2006/index2.html#theory

> Wow, you've proven the opposite. No girl would ever actually TOUCH a
> Sinclair machine!

Now, I may only be a boring married old codger, but from what I dimly
recall, but if the machine induces girls to touch the person *holding*
the machine, surely that is the superior result?

So, unless those photos were staged (which, it must be conceded, seems
implausible), then the Spectrum is preferable for carrying around in
public, being an ideal babe magnet, while the C64 is preferable plugged
in at home, for use as a computer.

From: spike1 on
agila61(a)netscape.net did eloquently scribble:
> So, unless those photos were staged (which, it must be conceded, seems
> implausible), then the Spectrum is preferable for carrying around in
> public, being an ideal babe magnet, while the C64 is preferable plugged
> in at home, for use as a computer.

Now... that's where you lost me...
| spike1(a)freenet.co.uk | |
From: Anders Carlsson on
agila61(a)netscape.net writes:

> the Spectrum is preferable for carrying around in public, being an
> ideal babe magnet, while the C64 is preferable plugged in at home,
> for use as a computer.

What happens if one owns both a ZX Spectrum and a Commodore 64? You
bring the Speccy with you to pick up girls, and when you arrive in
your home, they will spot the Commode and get turned off... ;-)

--
Anders Carlsson