From: Dunny on
In news:1164001833.178416.67160(a)k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
Ed Zagmoon <spartan_isle(a)yahoo.com> typed:

> Conclusion : If you are a Spectrum user, you must be a girl.
> If you think that you're a man, please double-check the
> thing between your legs, you CAN'T be a man.

They even tested the theory on WOS:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/hcc2006/index2.html#theory

:-)

D.

From: Sam Gillett on

"bud" wrote ...

> Group: comp.sys.cbm Date: Fri, Nov 24, 2006, 7:37am (CST+6) From:
> vmuikkul(a)ratol.fi (Ville Muikkula)
>
>script:
>
>> Here is one good source for that story:
>>A Brief History of The Pequot War: . (etc.).
>
> I am loathe to get involved in this, since Sam is doing such a good
> job,. however:
>
> When Plymouth Plantation was established there was a convenant with the
> immediately local villages/tribes:

I had a little time, so I put together a little more information, combined
from several sources, about the Thanksgiving festival that led to the current
American Thanksgiving Day tradition.

First, why were the Pilgrims giving thanks? After the Plymouth colonists
settled in Massachusetts the first dreadful winter had killed about half of
the colonists. But new hope arose in the summer of 1621. The settlers
expected a good corn harvest, despite poor crops of peas, wheat, and barley.
You see, the Indians had taught the Pilgrims how to plant corn, and had
provided them with seed.

Thus, in early autumn, at the urging of the governor, the Pilgrims arranged a
harvest festival to give thanks to God for the progress the colony had made.
And, the friendly Indians were invited. That begs the second question, who
were these friendly Indians? They were the Wampanoag.

Their leader was Massasoit (born about 1580? - died 1661), Native American
chief of the Wampanoag who governed the greater part of what is now
Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Shortly after the arrival of the Pilgrims in
America, Massasoit and Governor John Carver of Plymouth Colony signed the
earliest recorded treaty in New England. The treaty established a mutual
peace between Massasoit's people and the Pilgrims. In 1621 the Pilgrims
invited Massasoit and some of his people to the first celebration of
Thanksgiving Day. About 90 Indians attended the festival, which lasted three
days.

The men of Plymouth Colony had shot ducks, geese, and turkeys. The menu also
included clams, eel and other fish, wild plums and leeks, cornbread, and
watercress. The women of the settlement cooked over outdoor fires. The
Indians brought five deer to add to the feast. Similar harvest Thanksgivings
were held in Plymouth during the next several years.

> To help them against their enemies. The Pequots were some of these
> enemies,. and perhaps the most fearsome.
>
> Finally, after some six years, the covenant was fulfilled.

Yes, the Pilgrims did honor their treaty with the Wampanoag and helped the
Wampanoag defeat their longstanding enemy, the Pequot.
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Change is inevitable,
except from vending machines!

From: Chris Young on
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 00:41:43 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
to MC Dunny:

> > Conclusion : If you are a Spectrum user, you must be a girl.
> > If you think that you're a man, please double-check the
> > thing between your legs, you CAN'T be a man.
>
> They even tested the theory on WOS:
>
> http://www.worldofspectrum.org/hcc2006/index2.html#theory

Hmm, I might have to start taking my Speccy out in public :-)

Chris

| Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

From: Bohus Král on

"Chris Young" <chris.usenet(a)mail-filter.com> nap�sal

>> They even tested the theory on WOS:
>>
>> http://www.worldofspectrum.org/hcc2006/index2.html#theory
>
> Hmm, I might have to start taking my Speccy out in public :-)

Just walk with a Spectrum down the street and you will be surprised what a
playboy you are. The girls will speak to you that you won't straiten to
answer.

From: Daniel Mandic on
Sam Gillett wrote:

> The later C64's had a different case design, but still had the same
> keyboard layout, the same amount of RAM, the same ports, etc., etc.

everyone knows, only the brown madie in W-Germany, VC-20 tundered,
lame Basic, almost 400/800 Graphics and the MOS-6581 outfitted commode
is a real Breadbin.

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

P.S.: Have I ever mentioned how oft my Cat has thrown the/my commode
Breabin down, down from the Top of my TV set. :-))))))
Don't worry, the heavy 1541 (obviously made for crunching/smashing too
old got bread) is closed away, far away.