From: Sam Gillett on

"Leif Bloomquist" wrote ...

> What if I painted my C64 hot pink with a Hello Kitty theme, including
> custom Hello Kitty ROM with pink/white startup colours? Would that tip the
> scale in the C64's favour?

I don't think your message threaded properly on my server. Anyway...

I prefer a Star Trek theme. A metallic grey case and replace the "READY"
prompt with "FIRE WHEN READY MR SULU" ;-)
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Change is inevitable,
except from vending machines!

From: Leif Bloomquist on

"Sam Gillett" <samgillettnospam(a)diespammermsn.com> wrote in message

> I prefer a Star Trek theme. A metallic grey case and replace the "READY"
> prompt with "FIRE WHEN READY MR SULU" ;-)

That's your preference, but the idea is to make the C64 more appealing to
teh ladeeeeez.

From: Duncan Snowden on
Leif Bloomquist wrote:

> What if I painted my C64 hot pink with a Hello Kitty theme, including custom
> Hello Kitty ROM with pink/white startup colours? Would that tip the scale
> in the C64's favour?

Don't know. But you raise an interesting point. The standard C64 is
beige and brown. It is clearly a computer for the old and addled,
harmonising well with their cardigans, liquidized meals, and surgical
appliances.

The Spectrum, on the other hand, is black. This makes it ideally suited
for ninjas, special forces operatives and James Bond (it is also, as we
have seen in some excellent photographic evidence, a babe magnet; a
feature which would also be of particular interest to Cmdr. Bond).

--
Duncan Snowden.
From: Duncan Snowden on
Dunny wrote:

> In news:1164001833.178416.67160(a)k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
> Ed Zagmoon <spartan_isle(a)yahoo.com> typed:
>
>> Conclusion : If you are a Spectrum user, you must be a girl.
>> If you think that you're a man, please double-check the
>> thing between your legs, you CAN'T be a man.
>
> They even tested the theory on WOS:
>
> http://www.worldofspectrum.org/hcc2006/index2.html#theory
>
> :-)

Crikey, my Speccy never had that effect on the ladies. (Something to do
with using words like "crikey", perhaps? -Ed.)

--
Duncan Snowden.

From: Sam Gillett on

"Duncan Snowden" wrote ...

> The Spectrum, on the other hand, is black. This makes it ideally suited for
> ninjas, special forces operatives and James Bond (it is also, as we have
> seen in some excellent photographic evidence, a babe magnet; a feature
> which would also be of particular interest to Cmdr. Bond).

We all know that James Bond did not use a Spectrum. If he had, all of the
villains would have found it easy to defeat him.
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

I saw Sir Clive making crop circles,