First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
start and monitor
I need a script that will run abc.exe and insure that it returns within a limited time. If it doesn't I need to kill it and send mail. I can send mail and killing a process should be easy (never done it in windows), but how do you start and monitor in jscript/vbscript? I would like just an outline of how to do t... 10 Aug 2010 18:02
Can a Component written in VBScript return an array of Objects?
Can a Component written in VBScript return an array of different Object types? In other words the elements of the array are not the same type. -- 100% Accurate Display Screen OCR http://www.OCR4Screen.com ... 9 Aug 2010 11:14
How to "harvest" the contents of a hidden or "about blank" web
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you to all of you, and especially you, Tom, and especically you, Mayayana for your help on this "project" of mine. FYI, Here's my version, which incorporates the use of the Hwnd, to avoid killing the wrong window: 'I sometimes use the Sub (shown below) named: "subSho... 8 Aug 2010 11:14
Hinding hta source
Hi again, I'm looking for a way to hide the HTA / vbscript code I've written from users. I basically want to compile my HTA to an exectable, pulling in all the resouces (vbs files, graphics etc.) and distribute the .exe file. The best thing I found was ExeScript - but it would still create and leave a plain... 10 Aug 2010 19:09
wmi monitoring files that are being modified
Hi it seem there are only two events responding to wmi InstanceOperationEvent. namely creation and deletion nevertheless I see there are a modified also What am I missing? I tried this... strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _ & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & _ ... 12 Aug 2010 19:12
Desktop Labeling....
I'm looking to (re)create a label for our company computers that will display the system sensitivity. Sensitivity for our purposes is a category/classification of information similar to Government classifications. The values are string values that are stored in the registry. The label should take up no more th... 4 Aug 2010 20:11
Registry search and replace
Need some help creating a vbs file that will replace a server name with another server name and traverse the entire registry, all KEYS and VALUES. Needs to be non-prompting, silent and easily set with the variables. I found the following but it will take a bunch of modification to make it work and it only chang... 6 Aug 2010 22:35
VBScript on Windows 64 Bit?
Will VBScript run on 64 bit Windows? Is there a 64 bit version of VBScript? -- 100% Accurate Display Screen OCR http://www.OCR4Screen.com ... 2 Aug 2010 13:40
Please Microsoft block him
Larsen the pest I mean Pete (Northolt UK) ... 10 Aug 2010 20:15
Will VBScript continue to be supported?
I want to know exactly how well I can depend upon the continued existence of VBScript. I am considering embedding VBScript in a computer system that I will be developing. Whatever scripting language that I choose must be interpreted, and it must have minimal object oriented support (it must have classes). -- ... 3 Aug 2010 00:37