First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums t... 4 May 2010 22:25
Converting Multiple-line of text to single line of text.
Is there a way in SP 2003 to convert a multiple-line of text into single-line of text? Claudio Brotto [MVP] wrote: Zaur,a Note field (i.e. 14-Jan-09 Zaur, a Note field (i.e. a multiple lines of text field) can keep more than the 255 chars limit that applies to Text field (i.e. single line of text). So ... 3 May 2010 00:08
advise on removing WMSDE and using sql2005
Hello, I've run a backup of the wss3 sharepoint (small default install, not fancy stuff). I've installed sql2005 server (full version). I uninstalled wss3 completely and rebooted (so far so good). Now I install wss3 but I don't see option to use sql2005. I see it still uses WMSDE. How can I make wss3 use sql20... 2 May 2010 01:15
filtering document library explorer view
WSS 2.0 - Form Validation Error After Site Collection Restore
Am trying to move from one database server to another. Have run a site collection backup and then a site collection restore. After restore have the following problems: 1. Form Validation Error when trying to Upload existing documents: Form Validation Error Please correct the information you provided by following... 28 Apr 2010 22:00
Sharepoint Discussion Can't sort by Replies Column
Hi, I am using Sharepoint 2007. I have admin rights to my site only. We created a Discussion and I can see the number of Replies per list. But, I can't sort the Replies column. Some columns have the arrow to sort and others don't. When I try to do a new view to sort by Replies, replies is not on the drop down li... 28 Apr 2010 15:11
Deleted Companyweb\default.aspx
Hi Hope anyone can help me. I have deleted by accident the default.aspx file from the companyweb sharepoint site through Sharepoint Designer. i there away that i can recreated it or copy it from my dev server? Tried to search for the inetpub\companyweb folder under sbs2008, but didn't find anything. Where does SBS... 28 Apr 2010 12:54
WSS 3.0 - Migrate Security Groups to New Domain
We are in the process of moving to a new domain. I know that the stsadm -o migrateuser command will allow me to migrate individual users from Domain A to Domain B in WSS. However, we have a number of security groups set up in WSS to grant mass permissions to sites. Is there a method or program that will allo... 26 Apr 2010 11:24
System Engineer - Windows Server/Desktop and Linux Admin – Atlanta – Job 535
Come join an industry leader and one of the fastest growing companies in Atlanta. Our client is looking for a Support Engineer. In this role, you will be part of a growing, dominant IT department in a subsidiary of an industry giant. You will be responsible for providing end user report or query requests alon... 22 Apr 2010 01:01
MOSS out-of-the-box View Security? Add-Ons?
Could you not use folders to set the permissions and then modify the view not to show folders? On Apr 21, 11:06 pm, Margriet Bruggeman <i...(a)lcbridge.nl> wrote: Hello ano...(a)unt.edu, In SharePoint 2007, views have nothing to do with security at all. They are just, well, views of list data. On the other h... 28 Apr 2010 03:58