First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Newsgroup closing down
Since I have so many thumbs, I have been very nervous about finding a replacement for this newsgroup. I followed one of your recommended links, and got to a Forum, which turned out to be not quite the equivalent. But they steered me to what does look like an equivalent, and I pass that along as a suggested startin... 13 Jun 2010 09:23
using anti-malware causing 100% usage
Seems like of I let them all run, my PC is too busy for anything else. Just superantispyware is causing 100% CPU usage, and then the next time I start my PC, Verizon Internet Security Suite says it has been partially disabled and I need to click Fix it. I do and it gets fixed. And while starting up, the blue "Win... 11 Jun 2010 12:35
Hello
I think your idea could work but in case that you had a older version . You will need a bootable disk or diskette that will get you to the console to format it . Backup your data using Dmailer Backup Software and store it on their server. Upgrading your windows doesn't mean that will format your computer because is ... 9 Jun 2010 10:52
User-defined Shortcut keys
Windows XP allows the user to assign shortcut keys such as Ctrl+Alt+X to applications or folders on the active desktop. I have assigned several of thers but there is a problem. Sometime the app will start immediately, orher times it will take about 30 seconds - one or the other. The same app may work properly o... 10 Jun 2010 12:17
Can not run at start
Hi All, I have a program which need to run at start when user login. The vender, who develop the program, save a value in registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run But for some reason, the program did not run at start. In Task Manager, under Processes tag, I could n... 10 Jun 2010 04:33
Do not run at start
Hi All, I have a program which need to run at start when user login. The vender, who develop the program, save a value in registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run But for some reason, the program did not run at start. In Task Manager, under Processes tag, I could... 7 Jun 2010 14:20
*This is a edited repost of an earlier Microsoft message. (No this is not a joke) - Russ Grover MVP I'm reposting this because I've noticed some Public newsgroups Drop off today. And it is a matter of time before this one is dropped also. Reminder Newsgroups EOL <<<<<<<<<<<<<< What is Happening... 10 Jun 2010 11:09
Change HD Dynamic to Basic
XP SP3 I want to change my Seagate 320GB hard disk from Dynamic to Static. Followed the instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309044 Deleted the volume Right click the harddisk but cannot find the option of Convert to Basic Disk. No such option in the right click menu. Any idea? ... 7 Jun 2010 04:13
Adding Other Boot's Computer Name to list of File Security Locations?
Hi Folks: I'm still not having luck giving my Win7/64's account access to my XP account's private folders and files on the same dual boot machine. I hoped giving both boots the same computer name and both accounts the same name might allow me to get away with it. But that hasn't worked. When I... 24 Jun 2010 03:09
malware crisis
my daughter's dell optiplex gx620 WXPpro malware attack has rendered her PC un useable. IE keeps trying to connect to the ISP but can't. three popups frozen on the screen. security warnings she has norton av but ran it and it did nothing but see two threats. no can fix i was able to transfer her most valued data ... 6 Jun 2010 23:52