First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Administrator vs User
When I installed Windows on this new hard drive, I never set up a user account - just administator - and used no passwords. That is the way it is on other two hard drives. For 3 days, until I updated Windows, I never had to log in. Now after updates I have only one choice to log in - that is as "Ron Patter... 6 Jun 2010 07:16
Access as Administrator
It's been a long time since I went there, and I've forgotten how to change from mu current user/owner status, to log on as Administrator. I have a driver update that requires me to log on as Administrator. Help please, and thank you. ... 5 Jun 2010 14:44
schedule a task
I schedule a task using Scheduled Tasks and it only runs when I logon the computer or computer is locked by me. If I want to computer running when power on only without users logon. Does it reruire administrator rights user ID and password to do so? Your information is great appreciated, ... 4 Jun 2010 11:28
Windows 7 redirect, or what to purge/delete on a new Windows 7 lap
Hello Steve, Here is a novel idea. Bring up GOOGLE, or BING, or ALTAVISTA, or YAHOO etc. etc. in your browser. Enter the following text: how to delete any and all records of my surfing Click till your hearts content. i.e. ALTAVISTA http://www.altavista.com/web/results?itag=ody&q=how+to+delete+any+an... 3 Jun 2010 15:41
Windows 7 redirect, or what to purge/delete on a new Windows7 laptop to be returned....
Steve Mc wrote: I can't find which newsgroup to ask the following question. So if anyone could redirect me to the proper newsgroup, I'd apprecaiate it. Or if anyone could answer this question. I've had a Windows 7 laptop for a few weeks, but I intend to return it. I've mostly surfed, but I wou... 3 Jun 2010 12:19
Windows 7 redirect, or what to purge/delete on a new Windows 7 laptop to be returned....
I can't find which newsgroup to ask the following question. So if anyone could redirect me to the proper newsgroup, I'd apprecaiate it. Or if anyone could answer this question. I've had a Windows 7 laptop for a few weeks, but I intend to return it. I've mostly surfed, but I would like to know what and how to... 3 Jun 2010 13:26
My summary of the same problem; only solution I found? Remove OE with commercial software :/
Another deadhead from vistahead answering to a 3 year old post -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect <devnullius> wrote in message news:2010636244devnullius(a)gmail.com... Windows... 4 Jun 2010 04:52
ccSvcHost using 100% CPU....
When I brought the system out of hibernation this morning, I found the System using 100% of CPU resources for about 15 minutes, making it almost impossible to do anything else at the same time. Never saw this before. Any advice, other than go have a cup of coffee and come back? Event viewer/log showed no clue othe... 4 Jun 2010 15:54
My summary of the same problem; only solution I found? Remove OE withcommercial software :/
Windows XP Home SP3. Everytime when I start my computer, as by magic Outlook Express automatically starts up after I log on. This is NOT due to a startup entry! There is NO start-up entry that explains why OE starts everytime my computer does. I checked this with Windows Defender; msconfig; manual registry chec... 3 Jun 2010 06:46
Delete Subfolders and Files
Hi all, Could anyone clarify how the Delete Subfolders and Files permission works? Testing this on xp sp3 doesn't work as I'd expect: UserA owns FolderA, and on that folder they have the 'Delete Subfolders and Files' permission. Inside FolderA is FolderB, owned by UserB. UserB has taken away all rights f... 4 Jun 2010 05:56