First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
XP ends right after start
Hello, while trying to perform a system rollback to a prior date (without an urgent cause), I ecperienced this problem: Since the rollback routine tried to launch Windows again, there is a forced logout immediately after a very short display of the empty desktop. This also occurs in protected mode, even whe... 30 May 2010 11:06
Virus?
A program called Personal Security loaded onto my laptop last night. It's blocking about 95% of websites, claiming they are unsafe. It keeps going into "buy a license" for $70; once it does that, I can't get to anything else. It also does this when I try to delete it via the Control Panel add/remove programs.... 25 May 2010 11:20
About BSOD, there seems be
About BSOD, there seems be some issue with the media you are using or slipteaming process failed. Will a person still be able to use a vanilla disc and then update it from there or will there be issues with this once support stops? No matter the way you install SP3(slipstream or installation on top of vani... 24 May 2010 03:41
merge SP3 into a vanilla XP disc
I tried this already with image burn and the disc seemed to come out ok but when I tried to use the disc it gave me a BSOD after it had loaded most of the files. I am trying to do this because I am wondering what will happen when support is stopped for XP prior to SP3. Will a person still be able to use a v... 25 May 2010 11:20
passing on video clips 0 addendum
sorry, forgot to add; they are sent to me as attachments, fwiw again, thanks ia -- Dallas..... Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP3, WMP11, 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE8, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster... 22 May 2010 16:03
passing on video clips
good day all, my sister sends me a lot of cute animal video clips & i would like to send them on, but not in a forward of hers; how, or, can i send along to other friends the same clips, but from me & not as a forward ? this most recent one is a wmv format. thanks so much happy weekend to all -- D... 23 May 2010 01:46
Access denied for shared folder
I have 5 folders on my XP desktop shared on a peer to peer network. When I connect with my XP Laptop I can read 4 of the folders but get an "Access denied" error message when connect to the other one. How is that possible? and how do I solve it? It used to work - just went wrong today. ... 22 May 2010 11:39
How to force regedit to start searching again?
Hello, It happens to me quite often. After conducting one search, regedit does not even try to search for the new search entry, instead displaying "Finished searching through the registry" message. When I restart Windows regedit will repeat the same scenario. How to re-initialize regedit without restart... 21 May 2010 07:19
Adding program to msconfig startup
Hi ! How do I go about adding a program to the msconfig system coniguration utility start up tab I would like a certain program to start together with the other programs in the startup list on the right hand side of the toolbar Any help please TIA ... 21 May 2010 08:25
Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sev... 29 May 2010 08:08
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last