First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
WIA and hibernation again
I'm reopening that subject with perhaps new evidence. Overnight my system was prevented from going into hibernation because WIA was invoked every hour, as seen in the Events Log snip below. I have to assume that WIA is an important service, but I'd like to know if it can be set so that it is called every 3 hour... 10 Apr 2010 16:49
Pressing Change Password -button in WIN XP causes reboot
I want to change my password. I press Ctrl-Atl-Del buttons and then I press Change Password-button and WIN XP Pro computer reboots immediately! I canĀ“t change my password. ... 18 Mar 2010 07:05
Loads of GREAT SOFTWARE ( 20,000 plus programs DVDS and CDs)
Loads of GREAT SOFTWARE ( 20,000 plus programs DVDS and CDs) IP Location, RISK and DECISION ANALYSIS with @RISK, shoemaking ( shoemaster, forma, procam ), Sophisticated storage management software PoINT Jukebox Manager V5.0 SP3a with full slot/device activation and addons, Jukeboxes ( Asaca, ASM, BDT, DISC, DS... 17 Mar 2010 18:44
What is Tcpip?
It's a 'service' that keeps showing up ans an 'event' in the Events Monitor... and I'd like to know what it does for me, do I need it, what do I lose if I disable it, or what? ... 18 Mar 2010 17:48
Outline format disappeared
I am no longer getting the hierarchical tree structure of messages on this forum. They are all listed one after another in date order. Can anyone suggest how to get it back? ... 22 Mar 2010 23:02
browsers
i am done with firefox - won't import, the auto password function is a hassle, etc. i just cant find either a single browser that opens several of my sites & uses a password enter function, or better, one that does it all. ie has no auto password, opera seems slow, didnt like chrome & have yet to try safari. ... 20 Mar 2010 18:52
hijack this
again, my pc, after sitting for awhile - on, but unattended - is very slow to get going once i sit back down. i thought i would try posting a hijack this file to a forum for such, but want to ask if within these logs, there is anything that anyone can see that could compromise my system or my personal privacy ?... 22 Mar 2010 11:54
error in login password
good day my son changed his login password and made an error remembering it this is a used xp box with an administrator password which we do not have now we can not log in if I put the drive in my machine is there a way of correcting this problem thanks ... 18 Mar 2010 09:21
Cannot Start programs
This morning I used "Super antispyware" to get rid of the "XP Guardian2010"trojan.Now I cannot start any programs when I click their icons on the desktop,but I just discovered that if I go to the "quick launch toolbar right click on the icon and press start,it will start the program.Any ideas,I can't start syst... 21 Mar 2010 11:37
startup items
how/where do you tell Windows XP what programs to load on startup? the other day I installed AIM messenger, it installed all sorts of nasty stuff, most of which I have managed to uninstall, but it still does a nasty thing: when Windows boots up it opens Firefox (AND resizes browser window) and loads AOL home p... 17 Mar 2010 00:19