First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Restrict login to one network user
I would have a workstation using XP professional connected to a domain. I would like to have that workstation only allow login by one specific network user and the local machine administrator As things are configured now anyone with a network ID and password could login there. I want to restrict that to one user... 9 Mar 2010 13:32
restore usb safe removal icon
the safe removal icon has disappeared from the screen. how do i restore it? 440 vol wrote: Safe hardware removal tool 19-Sep-07 My "Safe Hardware Removal Tool" icon is missing from the taskbar, how can I access this program/ restore the icon to the taskbar? Previous Posts In This Thread: On Wedne... 9 Mar 2010 04:34
Keep posts from disappearing in xnews
My Xnews newsreader is not showing posts which have been read. I tried pressing U but that doesn't remove the filter. The help doesn't make sense to me. How can I show all posts at Xnews including the ones that have been read. ... 8 Mar 2010 14:11
Posts disappear
I asked a question about laptop start up in this group. It was either last night or this morning. The post appeared and someone replied. Now it's gone. ? ... 8 Mar 2010 13:04
Computer doesn't switch off automatically.
I have a computer running Windows XP Home. Until recently to switch this off I'd START > Turn Off Computer > Turn Off. This would then tell me "Saving your settings" followed by "Windows is shutting down". The computer would then switch off automatically. Then, inexplicably, it stopped switching of... 6 Mar 2010 19:36
Laptop won't come out of Stand By
Hello I purchased a used Dell D620 laptop a few months ago. It is working fine except for the last few days. I put it in Stand By to go to bed. The next morning I press the power on button and nothing happens. I unplug it and restart it and it's okay. Any ideas on how to avoid this? It could be somethi... 11 Mar 2010 01:19
Computer Problem!
My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix that? James Moore ... 6 Mar 2010 10:46
No Sound Toshiba 1135-S155 Satellite Laptop
Hi: Just recently for no known reasons I have lost all sound capabilities on my Toshiba 1135-S155 laptop. Running Win XP Home Edition SP3 with Avance AC97 audio. It's not muted and I have all volume turned up. Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks, ColTom2 ... 7 Mar 2010 10:43
Where is Active X?
WindowsXP Pro Sp3 IE8 When I try to download a program from a website I often get the message to click on the yellow bar. I am on my sixth computer and have never seen a yellow bar. There is a dialog bar telling me to click "here" because the site is trying to download a file. I click and the process start... 5 Mar 2010 15:06
ScreenSaver slideshow
In addition to the toolbar change that I mentioned above and found the 'fix' for, I see that the screensaver slideshow has also reverted to some default. I have a folder of slides that I created, and I want them to be presented sequentially. Up until today, I had it set for sequential. Now it has reverted to rando... 5 Mar 2010 10:34