First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Quick Launch Doesn't Stick
Windows XP Home SP 3 I have: Unlocked Taskbar Placed Icons on the Bar Locked Taskbar The next time I re-boot the system the Quick Launch Icons are missing. In the Taskbar Properties I have checked: Lock the Taskbar Keep Taskbar on top Group Similar items Show Quick Launch Bar... 7 Feb 2010 04:20
"error loading operating system"
I had problems with my main hard drive (HD#1) - Windows would load normally and mouse and key board worked but all the icons were dead - could not load programs - did System Restore with three previous restore points and still had same problem - could not believe System Restore did not solve this problem - ent... 22 Jan 2010 01:51
Anti-virus question
Is it OK to continue to work while an anti-virus (in this case, Norton) is running, or should the anti-virus be given full access to the computer? Thanks for any help. ... 25 Jan 2010 01:48
please suggest approach t save my stuff
I use Windows XP pro. My PC has two WD SE16 WD2500KS SATA 250G hdds. When I start the PC in the morning I am hearing a whirring noise coming out of the PC and I think it is the C drive. Where can I read up on how to add a drive, and mirror everything on the current C drive onto the new drive? What is a smart choic... 23 Jan 2010 22:10
Looking for advice on PC Cloning?
I finally have enough of the same model computers where I can start to think about cloning... I found this review and wanted to see if anyone has any advice on what I should use. http://disk-imaging-software-review.toptenreviews.com I've used "Norton Ghost" a few years back, it worked well and I suspect it's... 25 Jan 2010 10:33
Volume Icon In Taskbar
Hi! Hope someone can help me I can not get my volume icon ( speaker ) to appear on the taskbar, dispite having ticked the box ( place icon on taskbar ) It used to be there before Mike from Africa South Africa ... 20 Jan 2010 10:40
Backing Up
This seems so ridiculous but how do I back up with out backing up my backup? I have an external hard drive - "F." When I run the back up utility and select - back up entire system, it factors in F into the back up and it backs up everything. I just want to back up the C drive. I would like to run the full b... 20 Jan 2010 20:51
Windows license and external harddrive
Before purchasing a large-capacity external SATA or USB harddrive (such as 1 TB) and using it as a system drive, I want to know what will happen to Windows (e.g. XP) license because I intend to move around the system drive between more than one computers. (I understand that MS collects hardware information from ... 23 Jan 2010 21:04
Windows license and external harddrive
Before purchasing a large-capacity external SATA or USB harddrive (such as 1 TB) and using it as a system drive, I want to know what will happen to Windows (e.g. XP) license because I intend to move around the system drive between more than one computers. (I understand that MS collects hardware information from ... 17 Jan 2010 18:26
How to move operating system to a new hard drive?
I have an e-Machines T-1120 bought new in 2002. Over the last month, it will function normally then after 30-45 minutes goes to a blue screen that says "hardware malfunction". I presume that the hard drive is dying, but when I try to tranfer the contents of the HDD to a Maxtor 500 GB external drive, the computer do... 24 Jan 2010 13:36