First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Right click dropdown list in windows explorer?
Don't know what the correct name is for this list, so not really been able to do a sensible search - hope someone can help: When you right click on a file in windows explorer (XP) you get a list of things you can do with this file (open, edit, scan, send to etc etc). Over the years mine list has got long and mess... 6 Jan 2010 09:53
Home network puzzle -- things have fallen apart.
I have three computers which until recently shared all their disks via a wired/wireless home network. Recently the networks has gotten into a mess and I haven't found out how to get it working again. The situation: Computer A has read/write access to the disks on computers B and C Computer B has read/write ... 6 Jan 2010 09:53
Restore "classic" search for all users
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:51:28 -0600, VanguardLH <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote: JClark wrote: John John wrote: use a batch file then just create a .reg file Love that batch file idea. I've copied your post to refer to as I create it. If you don't want it obvious in the normal startup locations ... 3 Jan 2010 11:38
Accessing files on Desktop from in network computers
I recently had my desktop tuned up and when I recieved it back they updaed the Bios and now I cannot open microsoft (xcel, Word, Powerpoint) file with the standard application. It opens as Read only and the content of the file is blank. I can open the word document with clipboard, excel with the internet opt... 3 Jan 2010 17:12
dbx files. How to open?
I wanted to look at a dbx file and do not now what programme is associated with it in order to open the file? Blair ... 7 Jan 2010 11:19
How to clone outlook express configuration one XP machine to another
I want to duplicate my Outlook Express setup from one XP machine to another so I don't have to go through setting up each new identity, set pop settings etc. I found the identities forlder but simply copying that doesn't seem to do it. Maybe I'm missing something. Thanks for all assistance. ... 6 Jan 2010 09:53
Does XP have a file to decompress *.gz files?
I hope this isn't too off-topic. I have XP media center and also XP home. Will these include a application to decompress files with the extention GZ. I know Winzip doesn't work. Thanks. Jack from Taxacola (formerly Pensacola), FL ... 3 Jan 2010 17:12
Slow h/d copy from SATA to IDE????
I have an XP (sp2) system on my SATA drive and a Windows 2000 (sp4) on my IDE drive, all on my MSI K9NBPM2-FID motherboard with an AM2 5600+ processor. This motherboard has both IDE and SATA, and my IDE drive is housed in a removable tray. When I boot up in Windows 2000 and copy an mpeg file (1.5 gigabytes) from... 1 Jan 2010 09:46
Windows Explorer crashing when opening video files
Just got a Core2 Duo machine with XP Pro SP3. I find the explorer window I'm in keeps crashing when clicking on video files. Doesn't seem to matter which drive it is whether internal or external. Does it every time. If I click on the file before I hit acknowledge the warning message that comes up the file opens a... 31 Dec 2009 07:43
change screen size
I need to change my screen size and changing the resolution does not do it enough. It is at the lowest setting and the desktop is still off the screen. It is very large. How can I change the size to fit the screen. ... 28 Dec 2009 14:06