First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Internet Explorer 8 problem
when I start the IE app, i noticed that it was sluggish; i then realized when looking at the Windows Task Manager window that there were 2 "iexplore.exe" activated even though there is only one IE window showing on the screen. I've run the chkdsk tool but it did not correct the problem. Any advice is apprecia... 30 Dec 2009 12:03
Dell running XP Pro SP3 will not recognize previously recognized printer
EBL wrote: I had to disconnect my Epson 3800 printer (connected by a USB port) from my Dell that is running XP Professional, SP3. When I reconnected the printer, the computer will not recognize it. I get the following error message: One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, an... 25 Dec 2009 13:40
Weird XP defragger behavior.
Hello, I made an Acronis image of my Windows SE install (let's call it #2). It was done on a clean defragged drive with only one other file (except for the recycle bin desktop.ini), another image (let's call it #1). The drive shows as 100% unfragmented using CrackUp. In XP, using the XP defragger, #2 sho... 26 Dec 2009 14:24
defragmentation
When I try to defragment I am asked to buy diskkeeper lite. It does not allow me to defragment witout this programme. Should I not automatically have a free degragmentation programme with windows XP. ... 23 Dec 2009 00:51
XP or 7 ?
I am wanting to know if I should stay with my XP or change to 7. Can anyone kindly provide me with cost-benefit analysis and suggest what I should do? All my other programs that were working with XP will work with 7 Ultimate? Thanks in advance from me Jaibaba ... ... 26 Dec 2009 13:18
Need MS Activation Phone Number
Need MS Activation Phone Number url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/12698421.aspx ... 21 Dec 2009 15:51
comand prompt using the CD recovery console
Hi i have some pretty basic questions and need answers so it can make some sense. I need to boot up using my windows CD to get into the recovery console. Where do I type the following? Here are the instructions: From the command prompt in Recovery Console type reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\... 21 Dec 2009 09:06
DVDs won't burn
Okay I'm trying to burn a small collection of DVDs but my burner won't work. Last one I made worked its just the screen ratio was screwed up. So I tried making another one, leaving my laptop alone as Windows DVD Maker did its thing. At the last 1% its stopped, saying the DVD burner wasn't working/installed. I've tried ... 19 Dec 2009 17:07
Automatic login
XP Pro SP3, updated much A long time ago I set up my boot-up login to automatically skip the manual login. A couple days ago it went back to requiring manual login. Now I can't find where to set it to automatic again. Anybody know where this is? -- For most of us the most danger is most politicians. ... 4 Jan 2010 05:59
Cannot turn off select multiple items in Windows
We have Windows XP workstations running on a Windows Server 2003 domain. Sometimes, when a user clicks on a file in a folder, then clicks on another file in that same folder, all items in between the two get selected. The Shift key is not being pressed though. How do I turn this off? Up till now, all I can... 16 Dec 2009 15:45