First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
posts about Terhune
philo wrote: I filed a complaint with the MVP organization and stated that Gary was not worthy of being an MVP I stated here that they pulled his MVP status...as his name was removed from the MVP list. IIRC it was "Glee" who requested that I send him copies of my correspondence with the MVP ... 23 Feb 2010 18:15
Repair Install(Update)..
JD wrote: When I built my current computer, the one I'm using to post this message, I bought duplicate parts and built a second computer. For ease of discussion, the original computer is #1 and the second computer is #2. I have cloned the two hard drives from #1 and put them into #2. It works but ther... 12 Feb 2010 13:29
Event viewer
You nice folks led me to Event Viewer not too long ago, and in studying it, I find under Applications that Automatic Live Update is being run every 3 hours. It isn't my Norton Anti- Virus Live Update, and I do not allow Windows Live Update to run. Or at least I think I have it set so that I run Windows Update when... 20 Feb 2010 13:33
Shutdown-difference between Shutdown and Reboot
Hello, does anybody knows what is the difference between the real shutdown and the shutdown which is part of a reboot? I have a problem with an XP SP3 Computer, when i try to shutdown, it doesn't, but when i reboot, it makes the complete shutdown and reboots. The problem is caused by an external HDD, without ... 12 Feb 2010 19:08
medctroc.dll could not be loaded
I am trying to start managment services and I get the erro "Setup library medctroc.dll could not be loaded, or function MedCtrOCISetupProc could not be found. Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e" What do I do thanks, ... 12 Feb 2010 21:22
Path environment variable
I'm trying to add a path to the Path var found this quote on wikipedia The most common method of setting an environment variable in Windows is via <Control Panel:System:Advanced:Environment Variables>. when i look at Path via that method it does not return what the command prmpt Path returns. I'm looking ... 12 Feb 2010 11:11
Columned Program Listing
Am I dreaming. I recall there way a way to tell WinXP to display program names in columnar format when one clicks START/All Programs. Anyone recall how to do this?? Thx ... 11 Feb 2010 20:46
PC locks up
Using XP pro 64 The PC is left unattended and occassionally something occurs where it drops off the network and when I go to use it is unresponsive. The Windows screen saver icon is stationary (not wandering around the monitor), clicking/ moving mouse or pressing keys does not revive it. there is nothing in the... 10 Feb 2010 15:42
Adaware free
I have Adaware free installed. It will not let me uninstall it. It just flashes once and stays there. How can I uninstall it? Thank you James ... 11 Feb 2010 18:30
NEED HELP--shenan
thx shenan - i know of no one i kow has one. ill go to office depot and bring one home totry - should i get a new wired mouse or keep on w/ the current wireless mouse -- Dallas..... Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2, 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on... 10 Feb 2010 19:07