First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
old dos s/w program
I have proved insufficient in finding web solution, so please tell me: how to get my old DOS database program running on XP? The error message is that it is trying to access the hard drive?? That's true! As far as I know there is no firewall, the AVG is out on this inherited system Thanks oren ... 23 Jan 2010 17:43
Noob error: IE and JavaScript?
I'm a complete noob at web pages, HTML, and JavaScript. I put JavaScript code in the web page I'm trying to build, saved it, and opened in IE to see it run. I also put in a <NOSCRIPT> message. When the page opened, I had the <NOSCRIPT> message displayed and a bar across the top saying IE had blocked active cont... 18 Jan 2010 14:18
How should I install IE 8 instead of IE 6?
To recover my OS I had to reinstall Windows XP in the Repair mode. After that, the OS and all programs are working properly, but instead of IE 8 I have IE 6 - this version of IE is available from my installation CD. Now I want to install IE 8, but I cannot do that. I tried to install the IE 8, but received a me... 2 Feb 2010 17:39
*leftover user account folders not removable
Windows XP Sp-3 I removed a user account, however, Windows is still saving files to a "removed" user desktop folder that is left. I cannot remove the Favorites, Desktop and several other folder left. Error says it is still being used by a program. How do I ditch this? Thanks ... 18 Jan 2010 04:16
Remote undelete?
Is there some undelete software that can run only locally and undelete from a mapped network ntfs disk without the aid of an client/agent installed/running on that remote computer? ... 22 Jan 2010 04:01
Crashes at Stop of Search for Files and Folders
On Windows XP with all updates installed: 'Search for Files and Folders' works fine until I either click on STOP or it finishes; then the screen freezes and I must use Task Manager to exit Search. I then see my desktop wallpaper, and the desktop icons populate over a few seconds. This problem may or may not be ... 17 Jan 2010 12:49
how to assign default video program?
It used to be Windows Media Player(WMP) that automatically implemented video when a video file is clicked. Now, after a new application was installed which includes a video-playing feature, it has taken over the default status. I want to re-assign WMP as default. Where is the file (perhaps an .ini file or perha... 20 Jan 2010 09:32
German government warns against using MS Explorer
Now this must be the news of 2010 After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service Packs, IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems. Either M$ is now threatened by Googles rise to prominence or IE is completely rubbish. Either way we should start taking instructions from the ... 16 Jan 2010 17:15
REQ: some explanation of what you are asking, in the big space
<fred> wrote in message news:4b519f6a$0$26433$4c5ecfc7(a)news.xlned.com... ... 16 Jan 2010 13:56
Update Manager
Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled "UPDATE MANAGER". It shows two progress bars, but nothing ever happens. Why is this window popping up every tiem I turn on the computer and how do I get it to stop? It never used to do this, it just statred lately. Thankyou. tony ... 16 Jan 2010 13:56