First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199
Can't Logon
After a trojan was cleaned on my PC running XP Home I can no longer get back into the operating system. I can't get past the logon screen using either Administrator or User, nothing happens it just says logging on then immediately logs off and I can't get into safe mode either. I remember seeing that the trojan... 27 Nov 2009 14:28
kernrate and cpu
I have installed process explorer and kernrate to determine why my cpu is 100% I can access process explorer but I cannot access kernrate even though it is installed and I have an icon...what is wrong? ... 25 Nov 2009 07:05
Where To Get Good Price on XP 2007
Hello. I'm a newbie and novice. My daughter had a computer built for her by a friend. There was never any operating system installed. An accquaintance gave me a copy of XP Pro circa 2002 to use, but it won't load. According to an IT friend at work who looked at it, the older XP version can't deal with the modern 2008 ... 25 Nov 2009 17:14
Clicking on File Type links is slow
When I'm clicking on links from webpages that startup other applications, it seems like there is a long 5 or 10 second delay before the application starts up. Before it used to start within 1 or 2 seconds. I notice that the hard drive is flickering wildly during this time now. I assume this has something to ... 27 Nov 2009 08:52
Netropa hot key. How do I remove it?
My XP machine has suddenly stopped working. It starts up OK until it reaches the desktop and then freezes. If I press ctrl+alt+ del I see "Netropa hot key Running." The mouse has locked up. The only way I can do anything is to use Alt + U to close the PC down. How do I remove this software from a lock... 22 Nov 2009 19:27
Removing duplicate files
Hi Is there a good utility to detect duplicate files based on content and then to remove them? Thanks Regards ... 30 Nov 2009 12:30
Not to load Window XP from CD
Purchased one COMPAQ Laptop and get one CD for Windows XP but not to able to load the same due to mismatch of Password in CD. Please confirm the actual procedure for loading the same CD in system ... 23 Nov 2009 15:16
Monitor??
From: "Charles W Davis" <newsgroup(a)anthemwebs.com> Subject: Gateway computer problem Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 7:23 AM Computer Club member's computer. Gateway 310. The tower was brought to my place last evening. I started by replacing two 256MB chips with two 1GB chips. Every time one touched Inte... 20 Nov 2009 10:06
How to tell which install disk to use with legal product keyon old computer
Provided that it is a generic OEM and not an preconfigured vendor install disk. Gary wrote: I have an old computer with a legal license sticker, but can't find the original reinstall disk. I have an XP Home install disk that came with a different computer. How do I tell if it will work to reinstall th... 18 Nov 2009 13:30
XP sp3: change user not allowed
Hello first of all, I have to say that all worked fine since this morning. I haven't changed anything, maybe it depends on one of the latest automatic update. Before today, when I clicked on change user (start > disconnect > change user) and chose another user, xp would let me in the other account. Now the ac... 18 Nov 2009 14:38