First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203
Windows XP keeps trying to re-install printer
I installed a Lexmark X1240 printer on my computer with Windows XP and service pack 3, and everytime I shut the computer down and turn it back on I get the Windows has found new hardware message and it tries to re-install the printer. Is there anyway to stop this annoying but typical Windows behavior? ... 31 Oct 2009 17:44
Idea: Time clock with bell.
Hello, There is a story on the internet/www about pilots losing track of time... something that has happened to me quite often as well when being busy with a computer. A solution might be to include a "jingle or bell" at fixed time intervals... Like old clocks do... So for example windows could play a "j... 1 Nov 2009 12:13
Is there a Windows 7 newsgroup?
Looking for the equivalent of this newsgroup but for only for Windows 7. Does one exist? ... 10 Nov 2009 02:39
BAD_POOL_HEADERS
I got help elsewhere and this cured the Error But thanks to everyone who sent their Suggestions ===The CURE FOLLOWS Your most likely issue is corrupted Windows registry entries for all your drives listed as Generic Volume. You can fix that issue by opening the Device Manager. In Device Man... 24 Oct 2009 06:42
DIRECT invocation of "delete all but most recent restore point"?
The "standard" contorted procedure (via "Disk Cleanup") takes many (undesired) steps and wastes a lot of time, to finally get to where one can find a button to delete all but the most recent restore point (then still more steps to actually do it). How might this function be _directly_ invoked? Thanks! -- ... 27 Oct 2009 10:19
error with win live Msgr: point_except_handler4_common
I have this really weird (but apparently common) issue, but all the fixes that seem to have worked for most do not apply in this scenario. The system is Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3 When Windows Live Messenger opens I get an error window with whats in the brackets the title of the message [ CRTCMediaContr... 22 Oct 2009 23:05
0X0000007B
Had to reload O/S cause of lsass.exe error which would not enable me to repair any other way. Win XP Home Dell Dim 3000 - Reloaded O/S but moved HD from orig PC cause CD-ROM did not work. Got O/S loaded and system restarted. Put HD back in orig PC and when I try to start it I get the following: 0X0000007B (... 21 Oct 2009 10:24
page fault error on boot
I am at my wit's end. I was trying to clean some nasty trojans from my Lenovo T60p laptop running Windows XP sp2. The trojans disabled my antispyware software and kept me from opening task manager. So I tried to boot into safe mode to run the antispyware from there. F8 wasn't loading safe mode, so I went to msco... 21 Oct 2009 20:30
Command Prompt stuck open
I can't duplicate the issue at will, but here is what I know and it seems to be in line with other people who have posted. CMD prompt hangs (for me) only after a disconnected telnet session from a Cisco device (telnetting a Cisco device is 99% of my cmd prompt usage). process is not listed in taskmanager wind... 19 Oct 2009 19:48
Event Viewer
I had a System Error , Event 1 , origin sr, which seems to have somehting to do with System Resto~re. Over the last few days there has been a tendency for IE to hang. On one occasion the pages started multiplying on their own and I had to turn off the computer. I ahve done a number of scans and everything ... 20 Oct 2009 15:39