First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
BITS
this part of my windows download seems to be the reason why I cannot directly install updates. I can get them downloaded on another PC, put them on a stick, and then load them OK. This annoying rather than critical. I have found an update to repait BITS for a vista 64, but ny=thing for eindows XP. I ha... 29 Sep 2009 08:33
Windows XP taskbar freezes-unresponsive
I am having this too. I can move the mouse to other programs on my task bar but the clicks are unresponsive. When this happens, I can also not move the task bar. I get get around the unresponsive taskbar by 1) Using ALT + Tab to move between programs. 2) Using Ctrl + ALT + Delete to start up the Task Manager, after... 26 Sep 2009 09:10
"The class installer has denied the request to install or upg
Thanks for your feedback. The process reset the windows drivers. Maybe the problem driver should have been deleted before reboot. Or sometimes process like this needs more than one reboot or uninstall/reinstall. Congratulations for solving the problem. -- Rey "Tommy D" wrote: An Update, This worked... 22 Sep 2009 03:00
Disable individual hotkeys?
Hi Folks, Anyone know if it's possible to disable individual hotkeys in XP? I've seen the reg fixes that disable *all* hotkeys. But I just want to disable particular ones, in order to free them up for other apps. Win-F1 is one example. Any ideas greatly appreciated! Thanks, Allie ... 17 Sep 2009 12:28
PCHEALTH collected data
I am using windows xp home edition +SP3 Since I have Diskeeper defragmentation allways working in the background I noticed that on a regular base a lot of files were created. They all are in \\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HelpCtr\DataColl\ and named collectedData_1234.xml, collectedData_numbers.xml etc. etc. This list of d... 16 Sep 2009 20:54
Unable to run chkdsk.
I did try all these but still I had no luck. I downloaded a software package called "DiskCheck" and it discovered the following: **** Pre-Scanning... Warning: Can't get attributes: C:\pagefile.sys Error accessing drive: C:\WINDOWS\repair\Backup\ServiceState\ConfigDirectory3b18\ Path/File access error C:\D... 14 Sep 2009 22:04
Windows XP System Tray tool tips hide behind the taskbar (mostly) when you over your mouse over them...
Actually this is a known bug with XP and nothing to do with your video card. The only consistent way of fixing this on the fly (without a reboot) is to refresh explorer (the service that displays the TaskBar). Open up Task Manager (right click menu from the task bar) - go to the Processes tab and highlight Explorer in... 16 Sep 2009 13:00
Volume Control
***ATTENTION: LEM*** Finally back after fire delays, etc. I have tried several times to do the 'run' and 'cmd' as outlined by you and is also displayed here: http://www.jakeludington.com/windows_xp/20060922_windows_volume_control_program_has_not_been_installed.html I've reached the point where, as he says, the... 13 Sep 2009 05:15
XP Pro Install on new HD
I installed XP Pro on daughters new HD because of crash on old drive. Computer has 1 HD (new) & zip drive on IDE 0 & 1 cd reader & 1 cd burner on IDE 1. Installation went fine except XP called what should have been C drive - F drive. There is no drive c: in My computer. Jumpers on drives seem to be correct as B... 11 Sep 2009 14:02
HELP
I need a installation disk for windows xp it got messed up and some friends were telling me it might have been the confricker worm so i am doing a clean install of window xp pro sp3 but does anyone know where i can get it for free cause i have the old product key from it ... 17 Sep 2009 09:01