First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197
c:\recycler
If the above folder is actually the recyle bin and I then empty the recycle bin. Why if I then scan it with AVG or malwarebytes does it scan in excess of 9,000 files ? and give me warnings about spyware ? Just curious ? (XP Home) ... 12 Dec 2009 16:46
Automatic update installed, but where is it?
Thank you Microsoft for installing the occasional updates to my Windows XP but I'll be more thankful if they also explain how to use what they have already installed. They installed on my machine something called: *Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool* which made me vary happy as my Symantec AV found few th... 12 Dec 2009 12:25
Why hit F1 to continue
On my wifes PC for some reason when booting up it now asks "press F1 to continue` it never used to do this and previously would just boot straight through to the desktop. I presume a setting has changed, what do I change to get this back. thanks ... 9 Dec 2009 20:01
CD Boot.
Hello. I know I'm in the wrong forum, but I can't seem to find where to go. If I explain my issue, perhaps someone can direct me. I have a win98 ISO that burns fine to a CD that I use for ghosting (backup etc). I extracted the autoexec.bat file, edited then added it back. When I burn the cd, I don't get the au... 9 Dec 2009 13:19
Connection Failed!
XP Pro SP 3 Copied a shortcut to my LAN network connection to the desktop so I can connect only when I want to use the net. Works a treat. But every so often when I try to enable the LAN, I get a Connection Failed! nastygram. Reboot and all is again well. Why is that??? ... 6 Dec 2009 17:17
Program Working in 2k with VM but not on the physical computer with 2k.
I am trying to get a windows 95/98 program to run on windows 2000. The program is called omega 6.0 and it uses a printer port dongle and it has a machine connected to it via the serial port. So what I did was use the Microsoft Virtual machine to run windows 2000 on my windows xp machine. I then installed omega and sta... 6 Dec 2009 09:32
Why does "Find Printer" fail (directory service unavailable)?
Why does "Find Printer" fail (directory service unavailable)? ... 6 Dec 2009 16:10
Backup backs up my backup drive - isn't this redundant?
When I backup using the System State option, my existing backup file on my external Seagate E drive is also backed up. Isn't this sort of redundant? How do I get the System State backup of just my computer and exclude the backup E drive? Thanks, Peter ... 6 Dec 2009 05:15
IE8 works, but Firefox, Opera etc. do not
On a laptop loaded with XP Pro (SP2), IE8 and Outlook Express appears to work fine. However, other browsers (Firefox & Opera) cannot seem to connect to the Net and Outlook 2007 cannot send/receive e-mail. What could be wrong and what could be done to fix this? Thanks ... 7 Dec 2009 10:42
should service pack 3 be installed?
about a year ago when service pack 3 for Windows XP was released, there was some controversy about it, in that it caused problems. Now that a year has passed, are there still reasons NOT to install SP 3, but to remain on using only SP 2? best, Aaron ... 7 Dec 2009 11:49