First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190
QoS RSVP service (XP)
My understanding is that this service is no longer needed in XP (SP2). I have disabled this using "services.msc" under Run. However, sometimes it is turned back on (and I am not doing it manually). My question -- Does anyone have any ideas how QoS might get re-enabled -- any software, ISP server or whatever.... 9 Feb 2010 06:12
How can I find out the EXACT Windows "7" Version from Installation
I have not utilized Windows 7. But I can say that in Windows XP and Vista, you can simply right-click on "My Computer" from the start menu or desktop and click "Properties." It should show the operating system, service pack number, etc. -- -Zakhary "Karl Mondale" wrote: Assume I have an Win7 Inst... 12 Jan 2010 11:50
Problems after System Restore
I don't see my original post, so here it is again. After a system restore (saving data), PC is still not functioning properly, slow and whirring noise from hard drive when not using the PC. It is a HP with Windows Media 2005. When exploring system tools I noticed that all the start up programs (95 pages) have du... 12 Jan 2010 08:15
The Indexing Service query cannot be completed successfully
I'm trying to do a search for *.txt files containing a certain phrase and am unable to do so. When I try I get the following message: Search Companion The Indexing Service query cannot be completed successfully because the volumes you have specified are not indexed. I can do searches for *.txt files contain... 11 Jan 2010 09:46
How to Delete fb_540.lck or Any LCK files?
WinXP user here. Trying to clear my temp files however cannot delete files with .lck extension. Says being used by another person or program. Seems these files are accumulating and can't be deleted. TIA shaka ... 10 Jan 2010 02:08
restore SD card capacity
I have 16GB microSd card that I just received and after I formatted it on XP, it only says it has a capacity of 961MB. When I put it into my phone, it is also shows as 961MB. I then went into the disk management tool in the control panel and found my disk. The disk still showed up as having a 16GB capacity. ... 22 Jan 2010 07:18
boot up problem
Using Windows XP Pro SP3 with MS Office When trying to start computer it goes to the screen to select safe mode; start from last working etc; or to start normally. Have tried all these and it still won't start properly. It gets the Windows page up as if loading and then drops out (no signal to monitor) and retur... 21 Jan 2010 07:50
perfdisk?
Event Type: Warning Event Source: PerfDisk Event Category: None Event ID: 2001 Date: 07/01/2010 Time: 21:14:53 User: N/A Computer: JOHN-1053SX0NX2 Description: Unable to read the disk performance information from the system. Disk performance counters must be enabled for at least one physical disk or log... 10 Jan 2010 11:54
[RESOLVED} Re: SP3 Ndis.sys ERROR.
To my surprise, everything is now fine. Here is what happened: My Toshiba Optical Drive Firmware app popped up and indicated that there was a firmware update. So thinking that I was going to rebuild anyway, I figured go ahead. After a reboot, I thought I'd just check the Device Manager and Disk Manager. ... 7 Jan 2010 05:47
LoadLibrary fails for Windows XP SP3
Our MFC dialog based Installer application shows error loading “newdev.dll” after Windows SP3 service pack is installed and also after update with IE8 and Security updates for windows. GetLastError() reveals error code 998 (ERROR_NOACCESS) As suggested in the thread from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/k... 8 Jan 2010 05:02