From: Per on
I did try the cabel on the other amp, no problems...
per

From: tbmoas58 on

"Per" <perjust(a)dlgtele.dk> wrote in message
>I did try the cabel on the other amp, no problems...
> per

you need to INSPECT the cable,(jiust trying it else where is not a useful
test) inside where it is soldered, a stray wire can sometimes touch and
sometimes not

this is much more ikely with 1/4inch and banana connectors than
neutrick(speak-ons)

but aslo be aware the tapco is one of the worst amps on the market , so to
have it fail is not "unusual" the tapcos have trouble with 4 ohm loads at
normal listening levels
george

From: Per on
OK got wiser now...the overload from the xover is becaurse there was no
input connected to it (by mistake) what happens in a cheap amp by overload?
blown transistors or? what about the clip limiter, does it only protect the
speakers?

From: Per on
Its speakon connectors, and I promise to sell the amp as soon as I`ve got it
repaired and by one more B...
Per

From: Eeyore on

Per wrote:

> Hi.
> I just fried my tapco amp, due to an defect xover. Whenever i connect a
> speaker to the amp, the OL lights up, even without anything connected to the
> inputs. Any ideas to solve that? what do you think has happened inside the
> amp, fuses or something else blown?

Take to a tech. Unless you're an expert you won't be able to fix it.

Graham