From: Phil Allison on

"Q"

> Still have a pile of used EV and Chevin amps sitting on a shelf here, if
> you
> are interested

** Chevin Research amps neither make good door stoppers nor boat anchors.

Despite using ultra reliable Hitachi TO3 mosfets.

Now that takes skill .....

........ Phil

From: Per on
Thanks to all.
And I must say I`m disappointed with the Tapco...fried due to a overload,
wich the behringer handled without problems!!!
And thanks for your offers Peter, I`ll think about it.

Per

From: tbmoas58 on

"Per" <perjust(a)dlgtele.dk> wrote in message
> Thanks to all.
> And I must say I`m disappointed with the Tapco...fried due to a overload,
> wich the behringer handled without problems!!!
> And thanks for your offers Peter, I`ll think about it.

remember that any time your considering a mackie
you may or may not be aware that tapco was one of Greg Mackies first
companies.
and still has his fingerprints all over it
George

From: Eeyore on

tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com wrote:

> "Per" <perjust(a)dlgtele.dk> wrote
>
> > Thanks to all.
> > And I must say I`m disappointed with the Tapco...fried due to a overload,
> > wich the behringer handled without problems!!!
> > And thanks for your offers Peter, I`ll think about it.
>
> remember that any time your considering a mackie
> you may or may not be aware that tapco was one of Greg Mackies first
> companies.
> and still has his fingerprints all over it

There are none of his fingerprints on the Tapco amplifiers which are OEM Sekaku
'copies' of QSC RMXs branded as Tapco.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

hank alrich wrote:

> <tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:
> > "Per" <perjust(a)dlgtele.dk> wrote in message
> >
> > > Thanks to all.
> > > And I must say I`m disappointed with the Tapco...fried due to a overload,
> > > wich the behringer handled without problems!!!
> > > And thanks for your offers Peter, I`ll think about it.
> >
> > remember that any time your considering a mackie
> > you may or may not be aware that tapco was one of Greg Mackies first
> > companies.
> > and still has his fingerprints all over it
> > George
>
> I don't think that's true. Mackie hs been under control of the Loud
> Technologies bean counters for a long itme now. I doubt Greg had
> anything at all to do with the design of that amp.

Neither did Loud Technologies. I had samples of the very same units to evaluate (
except they were painted white rather than black ).

Graham