From: Eeyore on

tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com wrote:

> when I see that conditionI look to the speaker cable connector for a stray
> strand of wire causeing a short at the output
> this will drive amps crazy, good ones wil self protect cheap ones wil burn
> out thier output transistors

More than that. The input op-amp also fries ( that's why QSC socket it ). Also
check various resistors.

> not a difficut or expensive repair but opnce fixed you should sel the tapco
> and replace it with the better built behringer or qsc

Since the Tapco is a copy of a QSC there's no substance in the above advice.
It's believed the same is true of the Behringer too.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

Per wrote:

> OK got wiser now...the overload from the xover is becaurse there was no
> input connected to it (by mistake) what happens in a cheap amp by overload?
> blown transistors or? what about the clip limiter, does it only protect the
> speakers?

A full and complete answer to those questions would qualify as a lecture.

Graham

From: TimPerry on
Per wrote:
> Its speakon connectors, and I promise to sell the amp as soon as I`ve
> got it repaired and by one more B...
> Per

is this the Juice series?

i believe that older models of Tapco amplifiers make adequate door stops.
for boat anchors you need a crown PSA-2.

From: Per on
It is the Juice series
Per

From: Eeyore on

Per wrote:

> It is the Juice series

It's a Chinese copy of a QSC RMX.

Which one ? The J2500 can be repaired using the RMX2450 schematics btw unless
Sekaku ( the manufacturer ) changed the PCB legends.

Graham