From: Eeyore on

TimPerry wrote:

> > The Behringer 2500 passed BTW. Have never tested a 1500. Here they
> > are only a few bucks apart- the 1500 makes no sense, especially in
> > terms of resale value.
>
> i have one, i dont use it extensivly but it works as well as RMX 1450's
> >
> > Wish they made a big brother to the 2500.
> >
> > Oh, well, people in Hell want ice water.
>
> an RMX 5050 at Behringer prices?

I've wondered a number of times why they don't do a higher power model and I
suspect it's since they're only interested in the MI market and the EP2500 is
probably enough for them.

Graham

From: tbmoas58 on

"liquidator" <liquidator(a)collide.org> wrote in message

> "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com wrote:
>>
>> > "Per" <perjust(a)dlgtele.dk> wrote

> overload,
>> >
>> > remember that any time your considering a mackie
>> > you may or may not be aware that tapco was one of Greg Mackies first
>> > companies.
>> > and still has his fingerprints all over it
>>
>> There are none of his fingerprints on the Tapco amplifiers which are OEM
> Sekaku
>> 'copies' of QSC RMXs branded as Tapco.
>>
>> Graham
>>
> Tapco is in name only. Actually EV owned the name but I suspect they just
> haven't used it. Trademarks go away if you don't use and defend them, at
> least here in the US.
>
> Mackie either bought it back or, I suspect, just started using it again.
>
> Yes it is a Sekaku and is junk.

I don't know anyone who has pro audio experiance who does not link Tapco
with Greg
Its like cheap on a prom tuxedo
george

From: Earl Grey on
tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com wrote:

> I don't know anyone who has pro audio experiance who does not link Tapco
> with Greg
> Its like cheap on a prom tuxedo
> george

Its like linking a JBL PC speaker to James B Lansing
From: Gareth Magennis on

"Phil Allison" <philallison(a)tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> "liquidator"
>
>> As has been multiple posted, the Tapco is a Sekaku in drag.
>

> ** Well, hello sailor .....
>

>> A google of the group will reveal Graham and I- on opposite sides of the
>> Atlantic- fried Sekaku amps just trying to do bench testing.
>> If the thing can't survive moderate bench testing it sure won't survive
>> live.
>

> ** A new Chevin Research Q6 self destructed during ordinary bench testing
> ( the amp was not a faulty example).
>
> Easy to get smoke pouring out of the AC supply transformer inside a Carver
> PM1.5 during ordinary bench testing.
>
> Point is - bench testing often exceeds what amps experience in normal
> operation with music program.
>

> ...... Phil

I used to maintain a stock of PM 1.5's - the mains transformer was indeed
easy to destroy if you abused the amp. Used sensibly and in the real world,
not on the bench, they used to sound very good, with amazing transient
capability due to the High Voltage supply and output stage topology. Plus
and minus 125 volts IIRC. Unfortunately they used to fall apart in touring
racks, and the fans would wear out quickly- bench testing won't show these
phenomena however.

Gareth.

From: Phil Allison on

"Gareth Magennis"

>> Point is - bench testing often exceeds what amps experience in normal
>> operation with music program.
>

> I used to maintain a stock of PM 1.5's - the mains transformer was indeed
> easy to destroy if you abused the amp.

** I ** do ** know when it is wise to STOP !!!!!!!

Like the man said after making love to a female gorilla ...........

> Used sensibly and in the real world, not on the bench, they used to sound
> very good, with amazing transient capability due to the High Voltage
> supply and output stage topology.

** The amp is a miracle of common sense engineering / versus what you can
get away with.

> Plus and minus 125 volts IIRC.

** +/- 114 volts - actually.

But the damn things ARE REGULATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Unfortunately they used to fall apart in touring racks, and the fans would
> wear out quickly- bench testing won't show these phenomena however.

** Yeah - the two PM1.5 soldiers I have here have done 20 years+ of
none to gentle touring in Aussie.

With bands that you don't wanna know about.

Both are now going OK

To my utter amazement.