From: Phildo on

"Per" <perjust(a)dlgtele.dk> wrote in message
> Hi.
> I just fried my tapco amp, due to an defect xover.

How is the crossover causing the amp to fry? Are you sure it isn't a short
in the cable?

>Whenever i connect a speaker to the amp, the OL lights up, even without
>anything connected to the inputs. Any ideas to solve that? what do you
>think has happened inside the amp, fuses or something else blown?
> Any ideas will be apriciated...

Tapco are cheap rubbish and fry easily.

Probably your output transistors that are toast.

Phildo

From: Phil Allison on

"TimPerry"

> i believe that older models of Tapco amplifiers make adequate door stops.
> for boat anchors you need a crown PSA-2.

** LOL !!

What do you call a Carver PM1.5 with blown PCB tracks and bits missing ?

Got two like that here now.

......... Phil

From: TimPerry on
Phil Allison wrote:
> "TimPerry"
>

>> i believe that older models of Tapco amplifiers make adequate door
>> stops. for boat anchors you need a crown PSA-2.
>

> ** LOL !!
>
> What do you call a Carver PM1.5 with blown PCB tracks and bits
> missing ?
>
> Got two like that here now.
>

> ........ Phil

a greenish thing with a power cord that you can lift with one finger.

From: Bob Urz on

Phil Allison wrote:

> "TimPerry"
>

>>i believe that older models of Tapco amplifiers make adequate door stops.
>>for boat anchors you need a crown PSA-2.
>

> ** LOL !!
>
> What do you call a Carver PM1.5 with blown PCB tracks and bits missing ?
>
> Got two like that here now.
>

> ........ Phil

You would be amazed at the number of "suitcase" clair brothers Carvers
still on the road.

Bob

From: Q on

"Per" <perjust(a)dlgtele.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi.
> I just fried my tapco amp, due to an defect xover. Whenever i connect a
> speaker to the amp, the OL lights up, even without anything connected to
the
> inputs. Any ideas to solve that? what do you think has happened inside the
> amp, fuses or something else blown?
> Any ideas will be apriciated...
> Per

Most likely not worth repairing.. It can be anything from a 5 kr chip to a
set of new output transistors.. Problem is that the repairtechs also have to
make a living, and at ~300 DKR per hr you'd get close to the price of a new
amp pretty fast...

I have a couple of good techs up here, but that would require shipping the
amp - email me for contacts if you want them..

Still have a pile of used EV and Chevin amps sitting on a shelf here, if you
are interested

/peter, voidaudio.dk