From: Eeyore on

"Ron(UK)" wrote:

> Best way to test an amp is to lend it to a DJ for a night. ;)

That's *exactly* how I derived my test ( see other post ).

Graham

From: Eeyore on

tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com wrote:

> bench testing would have never shown the crests(8002's) inability to filter
> out hf ossilations and shut down from them

What frequency do you set the filter at ?

You should blame the oscillating gear not the damn amplifer on the end of it.

Graham

From: Earl Grey on
Phildo wrote:

> At Brit Row the guy there (Jerry Wing - top sausage) would just drop the amp
> on the floor off the bench as a final test. He would normally wait until the
> rep was there before he did it just to see the look on their face.
>
> If the amp didn't survive that it would never survive a ride in the back of
> a truck.
>
> Is always a good idea to knock a rack about a few times after you've put it
> together. Will show up any loose cables etc.
>
> Phildo

You should tell him about those Behringer amps you discovered.
From: Eeyore on

Earl Grey wrote:

> Phildo wrote:
> >
> > At Brit Row the guy there (Jerry Wing - top sausage) would just drop the amp
> > on the floor off the bench as a final test. He would normally wait until the
> > rep was there before he did it just to see the look on their face.
> >
> > If the amp didn't survive that it would never survive a ride in the back of
> > a truck.
> >
> > Is always a good idea to knock a rack about a few times after you've put it
> > together. Will show up any loose cables etc.
> >
> > Phildo
> >

> You should tell him about those Behringer amps you discovered.

You're cruel ! ;~)

I'd like to see how their rack ears fared though.

Graham

From: Earl Grey on
Eeyore wrote:

> Earl Grey wrote:
>
>> Phildo wrote:
>>> At Brit Row the guy there (Jerry Wing - top sausage) would just drop the amp
>>> on the floor off the bench as a final test. He would normally wait until the
>>> rep was there before he did it just to see the look on their face.
>>>
>>> If the amp didn't survive that it would never survive a ride in the back of
>>> a truck.
>>>
>>> Is always a good idea to knock a rack about a few times after you've put it
>>> together. Will show up any loose cables etc.
>>>
>>> Phildo
>>>

>> You should tell him about those Behringer amps you discovered.
>
> You're cruel ! ;~)
>
> I'd like to see how their rack ears fared though.
>
> Graham

Jerry Wing has every right to be rough on amps
Those Phase Linear Dual 500s on the old Altec Rig when we were still in
Islington were in a state of permanent self destruction :-).
Eric, the other tech from those days says that one of them went satanic
and let off a fireball at him across the workshop.